Kawasaki Announces New Z H2 Supercharged Naked Bike
After several teaser videos and months of waiting, Kawasaki has finally released details and images on its newest naked bike-oh sorry, excuse me, I mean Supercharged Hypernaked-the Kawasaki Z H2. With its 998cc four cylinder balanced supercharged engine the 2020 Z H2 falls in at the top of the displacement spectrum of Kawasaki's current Z series and signifies a new era in the lineup.
While the headlight cowl is reminiscent of Kawasaki's current naked family we can see a few major departures from standard Z line. Most notable is the air vent on the front left side which directs air to the supercharger through a duct that runs just below the exposed top left frame rail. The ram air vent feed the supercharger air to be forced into the cylinders to help create the claimed 197 hp at 11,000 rpm and 101 lb-ft of torque at 8500 rpm.
Speaking of the frame, we also see more exposed bits of an all new trellis frame cradling the top of the supercharged engine. The new frame is somewhat similar to that of the one used on the Ninja H2 and H2 R, except that the Z H2 is a single unit and doesn't utilize a subframe for the rear/seat section like the Ninja H2. Also unlike the Ninja H2 with its single sided swingarm, the Z H2 is more in line with its naked Z family genealogy with a double sided swingarm, however the swingarm on the Z H2 is a double A style which is much more robust and reinforced.
Kawasaki announced the new model at the Tokyo Motor Show earlier and will debut the bike in the U.S. next month at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show. The 2020 Kawasaki Z H2 will be available in Metallic Spark Black/ Metallic Graphite Gray/ Mirror Coated Spark Black.
More details on the new bike will be released soon, until then you can ponder these key features:
- Powerful 998cc Balanced Supercharged Engine
- Effortless Dog-Ring Transmission
- Specially Designed, Lightweight Trellis Frame
- High-Performance Showa Suspension Components
- BremboÂ® Monobloc Brake Calipers
- Aggressive Sugomiâ¢ Styling and Minimalist Bodywork
- LED Lighting
- All-Digital TFT Color Instrumentation
- Smartphone Connectivity via RIDEOLOGY THE APP
- State-of-the-Art Electronics (IMU Electronics Package, Integrated Riding Modes, Power Mode, KTRC, KCMF, KIBS, KLCM, KQS, Electronic Cruise Control, Assist & Slipper Clutch)