POLARIS RZR® FACTORY RACING ENDS 2019 SEASON WITH 37 WINS AND 61 PODIUMS
Polaris RZR Factory RacingÂ® concluded its 2019 race season with an impressive record - 37 wins and 61 podiums. The team took home championships in nearly every race series in which it competed, including class titles in the Best In The Desert (BITD), SCORE, WORCS and Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series (LOORS). Overall, RZR Factory Racing secured nine BITD event wins, nine SCORE wins, 12 WORCS wins and seven LOORS wins.
"Racing is in our blood at Polaris, and the RZR Race Team knows they're defending a proud heritage every time they go out," said Evan Schendel, RZR Marketing Manager. "We continued our winning ways in 2019, and we congratulate all of our drivers and every one of the RZR Race Team members for their continued determination and commitment. We'll be looking for even more in 2020."
2019 season highlights from Polaris RZR Factory Racing include:
- RZR Factory Racers swept the King of the Hammers podium as Mitch Guthrie Jr. picked up his second King of the Hammers win with Wayland Campbell and Branden Sims taking second and third, respectively.
- Guthrie Jr. also clinched the BITD UTV Pro Turbo Championship title while RZR Factory Racer Seth Quintero secured the BITD UTV Normally Aspirated Championship title.
- For the second consecutive year at the San Felipe 250, RZR Factory Racers husband and wife duo, Wayne and Kristen Matlock, won their respective classes as Wayne took the Pro Turbo class win while Kristen took the Pro Normally Aspirated class win.
- In the SCORE series, Wayne took the UTV Turbo Championship title, RZR Factory Racer Kaden Wells took the UTV Normally Aspirated Championship title.
- Multiple SCORE class wins at Baja 1000, Baja 500 and Baja 400:
- Baja 1000: Factory Racers swept the 1000, as Mike Cafro stole the Pro Stock win while Justin Lambert won the Turbo class and Kristen Matlock won Normally Aspirated
- Baja 500: Factory Racers swept the 500, Craig Scanlon won the Turbo class and Wells won Normally Aspirated
- Baja 400: Factory Racers swept the 400, Wells won Normally Aspirated and Wes Miller won in Turbo
- In the WORCS series, an all-RZR UTV Normally Aspirated podium included RZR Factory Athlete Corbin Leaverton in first followed by Factory Racer Beau Baron and RZR Sponsored Athlete Matt Hancock.
- RZR Factory Racer Seth Quintero stole the Normally Aspirated class win at Vegas to Reno.
- Quintero scored near-perfect win streak during the BITD season, capped off with his win in the Normally Aspirated class at the UTV World Championship.
Polaris RZR Factory Racing will be back in action at the Nitto King of The Hammers in Johnson Valley, California, January 31 - February 9, 2020.