2020 KTM 250 XC TPI
The KTM 250 XC now proudly adds TPI to its name for 2020 and
further demonstrates KTM's
unrelenting commitment to 2-stroke advancement. The benefits are
clear: besides huge improvements in fuel efficiency and exhaust
emissions, the system also removes the need for pre-mixing fuel and
re-jetting, meaning that with less effort, the engine always runs
smoothly and crisply. The KTM 250 XC TPI features a powerful yet
smooth two-stroke engine fitted in a state-of-the-art chassis. The
stellar performance of the lightweight 2-stroke engine makes it a
true contender for offroad racing.
2020 KTM 250 XC TPI Highlights
[caption id="attachment_72721" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 2020 KTM 250 XC TPI[/caption]
- NEW graphics for a READY TO RACE appearance.
- NEW TPI (Transfer Port Injection) fuel injection system
featuring industry-leading technology offers unparallel performance
and simple operation: no premixing or jetting required.
- NEW ambient air pressure sensor for improved altitude
- Advanced 2-stroke engine offers class-leading performance with
a lightweight construction and features new CNC exhaust port and
- NEW exhaust system provides improved performance with reduced
weight and a more durable construction thanks to the innovative
corrugated surface on the expansion chamber.
- NEW WP XACT front fork setting for improved damping, and new
fork piston for improved performance. Features proven,
sophisticated air spring design with separate damping
- NEW WP XACT rear shock setting and new compression adjuster for
- High-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame with optimized
stiffness provides a great blend of comfort and stability.
- Single-piece cast aluminum swingarm features a long rear axle
slot for increased adjustability, offering better straight-line
- Bodywork features a slim design for optimal comfort, control
and freedom of movement.
- Air box and air boot designed to provide maximum protection of
the air filter against soiling and better airflow for optimal
performance. Air filter can be accessed without tools for quick
- Hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers light operation and
highly controllable modulation of the clutch.
- High-tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on
KTM offroad bikes and are combined with lightweight Wave discs.
- Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and
bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness.
- KTM's "No Dirt" foot peg design keeps the peg pivot from
becoming clogged, ensuring the foot peg is always in the correct
- Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs,
high-end Giant rims and Dunlop AT81 tires.
- "No Dirt" shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever
joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
- Offroad specific additions such as hand guards, a side stand,
oversized tank and an 18" rear wheel ensure the 2020 KTM XC TPI
machines are READY TO RACE.
- Cylinder with twin-valve controlled power valve for smooth
power that can be adjusted within seconds for different track
- Lateral counter balancer reduces engine vibrations for less
rider fatigue at the end of the moto.
- Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for
better traction and durability.
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
Displacement: 249 cc
Bore / Stroke: 66.4 mm / 72 mm
Starter: Electric Starter / 12.8V, 2Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: TPI, Dell'Orto Throttle Body Ã 39 mm
Lubrication: Electronically Regulated Oil Pump
Primary Ratio: 26:73
Final Drive: 13:51
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DDS-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Continental EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Sub Frame: Aluminum
Handle bar: Neken, Aluminum Ã 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP XACT USD fork, Ã 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 310 mm / 12.2 in; 300 mm / 11.81 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 10.24 in; 220 mm / 8.66 in
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21" / 2.15 x 18" Giant
Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21" / 110/100-18" Dunlop AT81
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.1Âº
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,485 mm Â± 10 mm / 58.5 Â± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 370 mm / 14.6 in
Seat Height: 950 mm / 37.4 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 8.5 L / 2.25 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 101.3 kg / 223.3 lbs