(Press Release) During the CUSTOMBIKE SHOW that opened its doors today in Bad Salzuflen, Germany, METZELER unveiled the new CRUISETEC™, the Custom Touring tire designed to optimize the performance of modern and past V-Twins and intended for motorcyclists who want to get the most out of their motorcycles in terms of handling and grip.
With the new CRUISETEC™, METZELER extends its successful V-Twin range towards performance-oriented use. This tire upgrades the handling of current and older motorcycles, featuring remarkable grip even in wet conditions, ground breaking performance and innovative stability features. CRUISETEC™ features revolutionary characteristics for tread pattern, compound recipe and carcass specifications in the production of tires for V-Twin motorcycles.
METZELER has developed CRUISETEC™ to meet the needs of motorcyclists who increasingly look for emotional, carefree riding and live their riding passion on V-Twin machines with custom performance in mind. CRUISETEC™ has been designed to pair with the latest generation of Cruisers and Tourers, machines that manufacturers are equipping with high-rated performance parts and the latest electronic rider aids. With the METZELER CRUISETEC™ tire, these motorcycles can meet their full potential for agility, increased lean angles, improved stability, comfort, shorter stopping distance and faster cornering. Thanks to a cutting-edge combination of technological features – including industry-leading innovations – experienced V-Twin riders and newer riders alike can enjoy a perfected riding performance, confidently confirming Metzeler’s product tagline “Performance Perfected.”
The main benefits of the new CRUISETEC™ include:
- Enjoy performance cruising, which means great handling, line taking and line holding. Immediate response at all stages also in wet conditions and enhanced cornering grip and safety.
- Performance consistency, which means handling is preserved throughout the entire tire lifespan thanks to the combination of a solid tread pattern with its constant-curvature contours and dual-compound layout that preserves the tire profile thanks to even wear.
- Smooth and effortless riding thanks to maximized line holding when entering and maintaining lean angles and comfort.
- Enhanced confidence and safety, also in the wet, which derives from the effective interaction of the tire with electronic rider aids.
METZELER CRUISETEC™ is designed to respond to the needs of V-Twin performance riding, and complements the METZELER portfolio for V-Twins, which now consists of:
- CRUISETEC™, perfecting the performance of yesterday’s and today’s V-Twins.
- ME 888 Marathon™ ULTRA featuring an incredibly wide range which includes whitewalls, orange-wall and extra-wide sizes.
- ME77 Perfect, a vintage tread pattern developed to upgrade the ride of old-school customizations.
The new CRUISETEC™ tire will be available starting January 2019 in the following sizes:
MT90B16 TL 72H MU85B16 TL 77H
130/90B16 TL REINF 73H 180/65B16 REINF TL 81H
150/80-16 TL 71H 150/80B16 REINF TL 77H
130/80B17 TL 65H 130/90B16 REINF TL 73H
130/70R18 TL 63H 180/70B16 TL 77H
130/60B19 TL 61H 180/60R16 REINF TL 80H
100/90-19 TL 57H MT90B16 TL 74H
120/70ZR19 TL (60W) 200/55R16 TL 77H
110/90-19 TL 62H 160/70B17 REINF TL 79V
MH90-21 TL 54H 200/55R17 TL 78V
120/70B21 REINF TL 68H 180/55B18 REINF TL 80H
240/40VR18 TL (79V)
180/55ZR18 TL (74W)
150/70B18 REINF TL 76H
260/40VR18 TL (84V)