KTM Announces Electric Mini Dirt Bike: SX-E 5
The newly developed KTM SX-E 5 is
the next step in KTM's
innovative line-up. Combining class-leading knowledge in youth
motorcycling with years of development work in the e-sector, the
KTM SX-E 5 is based on the incredibly popular 2-stroke
KTM 50 SX with a high-end chassis powered by an electric motor.
The mission was clear: to create an ultra-competitive machine that
is also easy to ride, even for pure beginners. The KTM SX-E 5
enjoys the advantage of zero emissions, low noise and minimal
maintenance, which makes it ideal for youngsters looking to make
the first step into the world of motorcycling and thanks to its
dynamic design, it is ideal for the growing rider with its
adjustable seat height. The KTM PowerPack can provide more than two
hours of riding for a beginner - or 25 minutes for the faster
junior racers - and with its external worldwide charger, full power
is restored in approximately one hour.
2020 KTM SX-E 5 Highlights
- State-of-the-art electric motor with 5 kW peak performance,
featuring an extremely compact and slim design that is well suited
to the smaller chassis.
- Due to its dust and waterproof layout, the air-cooled motor is
wear- and maintenance-free.
- Fitted with 84 modern Lithium-Ion cells in a robust die-cast
aluminum casing mounted just above the motor, the battery offers
enough stored energy for more than two hours of riding for a
beginner and 25 minutes for the fastest riders, depending on riding
- Adjustable seat height can be set at the standard 698 mm
(completely rebounded) or it can be easily reduced in two steps to
653 mm. A Suspension Lowering Kit from the accessories line can
further lower the seat height to just 556 mm.
- Easy-to-use multifunctional instrument panel allows selection
between 6 different ride modes to tailor the power characteristics
to any ability level.
- Quick-charging external worldwide charger supplying up to 900 W
can be connected to any 110- or 230-Volt socket and plugs directly
into the battery back.
- A lanyard attached between the rider's wrist and the kill
switch stops the motor when removed, or in the event of an
unexpected fall by the rider.
- Ride modes can be saved by a dongle mounted under the seat to
prevent young riders from changing the selected mode.
- WP XACT 35 air-sprung fork is ultra-lightweight and easily
adjustable for different rider sizes and track conditions.
- Fully-adjustable XACT PDS rear suspension to match the
performance of the WP fork.
- Bodywork that mimics the full-size SX-F line that gives the
SX-E 5 a slim profile for excellent ergonomics and handling.
- Front and rear hydraulic brakes by Formula combined with
lightweight WAVE discs are powerful with feedback that gives
control for any skill level.
- Super lightweight, black anodized aluminum rims are matched to
MAXXIS tires for maximum grip.
Electric Motor: 48 V - BLDC Motor with Outer Rotor
Rated Output: 2 kW / 3,200 RPM
Max Power: 5 kW / 3,750 RPM
Torque: 13.8 Nm from 0 RPM
Max Motor Speed: 6,000 RPM
Final Drive: 8:46
Cooling: Air Cooled
Battery: Lithium-Ion KTM
Capacity: 907 Wh
Charging Time 100%: 70 minutes at 25 A
Charging Time 80%: 45 minutes at 25 A
Charging Rate: Quick Charging 5 A 230 V~
Charging Power: 900 W
Frame: Double Grinded Central Double-Cradle-Type Frame
Subframe: Fiberglass-Reinforced Plastic
Handlebar: Tapered Aluminum Ã 28/22/18 mm
Front Suspension: WP XACT 35 USD Ã 35 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XACT PDS Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 205 mm / 8.07 in; 185 mm / 7.28 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 160 mm / 160 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 1.50 x 12" / 1.60 x 10" Aluminum
Front/Rear Tires: 60/100 x 12" / 2.75 x 10"
Chain: 1/2 x 3/16 in
Steering Head Angle: 24Âº
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,032 mm Â± 10 mm / 40.6 Â± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 252 mm / 9.92 in
Seat Height: 684 mm / 26.9 in
Weight, Approx: 40.5 kg / 89.3 lbs