For all those tempted by excitement far off the beaten track, KTM has put the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R onto its large, laced wheels. With plenty of suspension travel and 21" front wheel, the highest-performing fully offroad capable travel enduro on the market is ready to back up the promise made by its breathtaking KISKA design and authentic rally looks at any time. KTM MY RIDE – now available with GPS navigation. In addition, it delivers maximum performance and control thanks to the motorcycle stability control (MSC) with lean-angle sensitive ABS and motorcycle traction control (MTC).
2018 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R HIGHLIGHTS
- Fully adjustable WP USD front forks with separate compression and rebound systems for offroad domination.
- Fully adjustable WP PDS (Progressive Damping System) rear monoshock for greater control and bottoming resistance.
- Tubeless 21- and 18-inch wheels fitted with Continental TKC 80 tires for excellent offroad performance with sure-foot street manners.
- Highly developed 160 HP LC8 V-Twin with dual-plug ignition, cutting-edge Keihin engine management, electronic fuel injection, Ride-by-Wire technology and slipper clutch.
- Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) package with multi-mode Combined ABS, ride mode technology and multi-mode traction control (MTC).
- Four-mode traction control (MTC) including Sport, Street, Offroad and Rain settings allow the rider to fine tune the power application in any situation.
- Offroad ABS mode allows for dirt-specific ABS application on the front wheel while disengaging the rear ABS for brake slides and total control in the dirt.
- Strong trellis frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel for optimal handling on the street and in the dirt.
- LED headlight with integrated corning lights and daytime running light.
- 5-inch TFT dash contains the all the important information clearly with a bright and vibrant display.
- Optional Travel Pack adds Hill Hold Control (HHR), Motor Slip Regulation (MSR) and Quickshifter + (up and down clutchless shifting).
- KTM MY RIDE comes as standard and connects the TFT dash via Bluetooth for control and display of incoming calls and audio.
- NEW Turn-by-turn navigation on the TFT dash with distance to next turn, street names, arrival time and distance to destination. Requires KTM MY RIDE smartphone app.
- Waterproof phone compartment keeps your smartphone dry on the road while charging via an integrated USB socket.
- KTM RACE ON Remote keyless system allows the rider to key start the 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R, lock the steering, and open the gas cap.
- Windshield adjustment is all new and easy to use with one hand.
- Auto-reset turn signals.
- Integrated pannier mounts
Engine Type: 2-Cylinder, 4-Stroke, 75° V-Twin, DOHC
Displacement: 1301 cc
Bore/Stroke: 108/71 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 11.2Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 52 mm Throttle Bodies
Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication, 3 Eaton Pumps
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Hydraulically Operated
Ignition: Keihin EMS with Ride-By-Wire, Dual Ignition
Frame: Chrome-moly Steel Trellis
Subframe: Aluminum, Powder Coated
Handlebar: Aluminum, Tapered, Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP PDS Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 220 mm/8.7 in; 220 mm/8.7 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm/287 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: 2.50 x 21”, 4.50 x 18”
Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21”; 150/70-18”
Steering Head Angle: 26º
Wheelbase: 1,580mm ± 15 mm / 62.2 ± 0.6 in
Ground Clearance: 250 mm / 9.8 in
Seat Height: 890 mm / 35 in
Tank Capacity: 23 L / 6.1 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 224 kg/ 493.8 lbs