Put It To The Test!: Dirt Rider Magazine's Torture Test
For the first time ever, the
treacherous Dirt Rider Magazine Torture Test will be open to
the public. In years past the hard-action event has been a tool for
research and evaluation for the magazine as well as a great time
for all involved. Well, this year along with the editorial staff
and a host of noted off-road industry members, you too will have
the opportunity to test your skills and riding acumen in a series
of competitive challenges. In this one-day skills based event,
contestants will be able to enter the competition and compete in
the ten challenging special tests alongside the motorcycle industry
and professional riders. The competition will be open to both
single riders as well as teams of up to three riders and one dirt
bike. The challenges will include:
1. Motocross Test: One timed lap for speed around Racetown's main MX course.
2. Grand Prix Test: A timed 3-5 mile loop through the surrounding desert.
3. The Escargot: A continuous spiral, completed once to the center and back.
4. Extreme Barrel Challenge: A time honored challenge with a new age twist.
5. Trials: A trials course that's timed for speed-but don't put your [mageProductLink sku="023-0321-907" title=""]motorcycle boot[/mageProductLink] down.
6. EnduroCross: Rocks, logs, tires and just a sprinkling of mayhem.
7. Supercross Test: A safer take on SX that will be more challenging for the pros.
8. Tire Change: Fastest tire swap with a standard 21" front tire (tires and [mageProductLink sku="315-0473" title=""]tire tools[/mageProductLink] will be supplied, or use may your own).
9. Dirt Rider Dash: An obstacle course so tough, we're giving you an extra teammate to help you through!
10. The Mystery Test: ?????
The event will take place at Racetown 395 in Adelanto, CA, this Saturday November 16th. The Vet Track and other areas of Racetown will be open for riding for members of the industry and friends of Dirt Rider. Dirt Rider encourages everyone to come out and join them for this fun event-whether you compete, play-ride or just spectate.
More information can be found here: http://www.dirtrider.com/features/dirt-rider-torture-test-2013/