Volo Lights License Plate Frame with Integrated Brake Lights
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
California based engineer Faizal Ali was riding his motorcycle on a San Diego freeway one day and downshifted in order to slow for an exit. Because he didn't actually apply the brakes, however, his brake light didn't come on. As a result, the following car almost ran into him. That experience prompted him to create Vololights – a rear lighting system that activates no matter what method the rider is using to decelerate.
Vololights is integrated into a user installed rear license plate frame. Contained within that frame are eight red L.E.D.s, a microprocessor, and a 3-axis accelerometer. A white L.E.D. also provides continuous illumination of the license plate.
- After being calibrated by the user upon its initial installation, Vololights will be able to detect any noteworthy decrease in speed, whether its engine braking, downshifting or using brake levers
- Provides and earlier deceleration indication to increase following distance and reduce risk of rear end collision
- Two different flash patterns alert drivers to normal deceleration and emergency braking
- Three sensitivity settings, (Sport, Touring and Default) allow user to adjust for motorcycle type and riding style
- License plate frame mounting
- Provides additional surface area of lighting to get you noticed
- Integrated license plate illumination
- Simple 2 wire installation to 12V DC, typically connects to rear license plate illumination power or a fuse block in a CANBus motorcycle system
- No tapping of brake signal lines
- Everything necessary for installation and calibration is included in the box
- Easy installation with only 9-16V and no crimping required
- Universal fit
- Designed for most standard sized motorcycle lisence plates with the following dimensions: 7"W x 4"H
- Residents of Alaska, New Mexico and Minnisota should check license plate sizing before ordering
- The Vololights Module will work on most motorcycles with standard 12V DC running to the brake lamps or signal lamps
- 8"W x 5.7"H .9"D
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:Black||Item #2030-0874||Availability:Backorder: Ships in 7-12 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!