Sidi Boots & Shoes
|Metric Sizing||USA Mens||USA Womens|
|34||2 - 2-1/2|
|35||2-1/2 - 3||3-1/2 - 4|
|35.5||3 - 3-1/2||4 - 4-1/2|
|36||3-1/2 - 4||4-1/2 - 5|
|37||4 - 4-1/2||5 - 5-1/2|
|37.5||4-1/2 - 5||5-1/2 - 6|
|38||5 - 5-1/2||6 - 6-1/2|
|38.5||5-1/2||6-1/2 - 7|
|39||5-1/2 - 6||7|
|39.5||6 - 6-1/2||7 - 7-1/2|
|40||6-1/2 - 7||7-1/2 - 8|
|40.5||7||8 - 8-1/2|
|41||7 - 7-1/2||8-1/2 - 9|
|41.5||7-1/2 - 8||9|
|42||8 - 8-1/2||9 - 9-1/2|
|42.5||8-1/2 - 9||9-1/2 - 10|
|43||9 - 9-1/2||10 - 10-1/2|
|44||9-1/2 - 10||10-1/2 - 11|
|44.5||10 - 10-1/2||11 - 11-1/2|
|45||10-1/2 - 11||11-1/2 - 12|
|46||11 - 11-1/2||12 - 12-1/2|
|46.5||11-1/2 - 12||12-1/2 - 13|
|47||12 - 12-1/2||13 - 13-1/2|
|47.5||12-1/2 - 13||13-1/2 - 14|
|48||13 - 13-1/2||14 - 14-1/2|
|48.5||13-1/2 - 14|
|49||14 - 14-1/2|
|49.5||14-1/2 - 15|
|50||15 - 15-1/2|
|51||16 - 16-1/2|
|52||17 - 17-1/2|
General Sizing informationIf you are unsure about your size, compare your body measurements to the charts provided to determine the correct fit. These charts will give you a good idea of the size to order, but be sure to read special sizing information that may accompany an item description. Some merchandise dimensions may vary from the averages charted here.
Sidi Half SizesSidi half sizes are 3 mm longer, with slightly increased toe box volume. Full sizes are 6 mm longer, with proportionally greater volume.
Sidi Boots & Shoes Width
- Narrow sizes roughly correspond to a B to C width on the industry-standard Brannock sizing scale.
- Standard-size shoes roughly correspond to a C to E width (averaging at a D width) on the Brannock sizing scale.
- Mega sizes roughly correspond to a EE to EEE width* on the Brannock sizing scale.
Mega & Narrow SizesMega sizes are cut with more material throughout, and a larger-volume heelcup. Narrow sizes are cut with less material throughout, and a narrower, lower-volume heelcup. Sidi Mega shoes are constructed on a Mega last which is an additional 4mm wider across the ball of the foot - with more volume, a higher instep, and wider heel cup.
Sidi Women's Boots & ShoesSidi Women's shoes are built on an anatomically correct woman's specific last, following standard woman's tapered foot shape:
- Tapered last mimics a woman's more dramatically tapered foot shape.*
- The forefoot is proportionally wider but still lower volume.
- The heel is narrower.
Fitting Sidi Shoes
Stand up when fastening the closures, start at the toes and work back toward the heel.
The Soft Instep Pad should be centered laterally, positioned so the letters "I" and "D" are over the high point of your foot.
Shoes will become more conforming as they warm up-a process that can take up to 30 minutes-so be patient. You'll want to periodically tighten straps and ratchets as this occurs, working front to back. Do not buy shoes that are too tight, thinking they'll get bigger over time. Sidi boots do NOT stretch!
When fit properly, edges of the material that fit over the shoe's tongue should be roughly parallel. The gap should NEVER narrow toward the ankle, the straps shouldn't bottom out, and there shouldn't be any significant puckering of material anywhere on the shoe. If any of these conditions apply try a smaller or narrower size.
Conversely, the uppers should never look like they're blowing apart. There should be approximately 1 cm of ratchet strap exposed between the Caliper Buckle and the Soft instep pad, and 1 cm of hook-side High Security Velcro showing. If there's more, try a larger or larger-volume size.
The Perfect FitThe uppers are snug, with no bunching or puckering of material, with approximately 1 cm of ratchet strap remaining above the Caliper Buckle and 1 cm of scratchy-side Velcro exposed.
- Try shoes on at the end of the day - your feet swell by at least a half-size as the day progresses, and as much as a full size on hot days. Stand up. Feet expand under pressure - standing up will give you a better sense of how your shoes will fit under pedaling pressure.
- Bring the socks and orthotics you ride with - they have a tremendous influence on foot volume and fit.
- Be patient! Non-leather cycling shoes do not stretch over time - how they fit in the store will be how they fit, period. However, as the shoes warm up from body heat the uppers will become more pliable and conforming. Give your shoes at least 10 minutes to heat up, and readjust the closures to accurately gauge how they'll feel mid-ride.
- Ask for help centering the soft instep closure system over your instep or adjusting the heel retention device. (If your shoe has one.)
- Foot measuring devices typically measure length and width only, and do not account for overall shape or foot volume. It's imperative that you try on shoes a half-size larger and smaller than your measured size, for confirmation of proper fit.
- If possible try a half size up or down for comparison. If you're in-between sizes, think about how much your feet typically swell on a bike ride.
- If you are not currently in a Sidi or you own a Sidi that is more than 5 years old you may not be the Sidi size you think you should be (this is especially true for women's shoes)
- You may not realize you have a wide foot and may be wearing a regular width shoe that is too long in order to get the width right. In that case it is always better to switch to a wide model in the correct length.