Shoei VFX-W Capacitor Helmet
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
- Shoei's proprietary AIM+ technology combines high performance fibers with organic fibers that are so strong they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently
- Dual layer EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas. Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling. Impact absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar
- Wire mesh screen helps prevent roost from entering the mouthpiece. A strip of AIM+ shell material reinforces mesh screen and helps to reduce chances of larger intrusions. Sleek mouthpiece directs cooling air through a removable and washable foam filter
- Interior System is equipped with a fully removable, washable, and replaceable 3D center pad and multi-layer cheek pads. The 3D center pad components are three dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head. This 3D fitment allows Shoei to provide a helmet with an extremely comfortable fit, while maintaining the firm hold that is necessary for distraction free, high speed riding. Proprietary synthetic fiber absorbs and exhausts sweat 2X faster than conventional nylon
- Improved air intakes are located in mouthpiece, forehead, and through scoops directing air into EPS liner. Seven exhaust ports dispel hot air from the rear of the helmet. Vent openings are covered by wire mesh to prevent dirt from entering liner
- The V-430 Sleek Visor developed by Shoei's sponsored riders, lengthened for additional protection from sun and roost. Adjustment slot lengthened for greater versatility and plastic hardware is utilized for easier visor breakaway during impact. Includes a matte black strip to reduce glare
- Emergency Quick Release System (EQRS) mechanical tabs disengage cheek pads for easy removal by emergency medical personnel. Helmet can be removed with minimum load to rider in emergency situations
- 5 year manufacturer's warranty from purchase date or 7 year manufacturer's warranty from helmet manufacture date, whichever comes first
- Meets or exceeds Snell M2015, U.S. DOT 218 standards
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:Orange/Yellow/Blue XS||Item #375-0145-9003-03||Availability:Backorder: Ships in 7-12 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|cm||51 - 52||53 - 54||55 - 56||57 - 58||59 - 60||61 - 62||63 - 64||65 - 66|
|Hat Size||63/8 - 6½||65/8 - 6¾||67/8 - 7||71/8 - 7¼||73/8 - 7½||75/8 - 7¾||77/8 - 8||81/8 - 8¼|
|Inches||201/8 - 20½||207/8 - 21¼||215/8 - 22||22½ - 227/8||23¼ - 235/8||24 - 243/8||24¾ - 251/8||255/8 - 26|
General Sizing informationIf you are unsure about your size, compare your body measurements to the charts provided to determine the correct fit. These charts will give you a good idea of the size to order, but be sure to read special sizing information that may accompany an item description. Some merchandise dimensions may vary from the averages charted here.
Head MeasurementMeasure your head size by wrapping a cloth tape measure horizontally around your head at a height of roughly one inch (2.5cm) above your eyebrows. This will give you a measurement of the largest portion of your head. Select the helmet that is closest to your head size. Oftentimes your head measurement may fall between two helmet sizes, if this occurs, try the smaller of the two sizes first.
Check for Proper FitWith the helmet on, go through the following checklist:
- Does the inner lining fit snugly around your entire head?
- Does the top pad press closely around the dome of your head?
- Are your cheek pads in contact with cheeks?
- Does the brow lining fit snugly against brow (you should not be able to insert fingers between the lining and your brow)?
- Take hold of the helmet with a hand on each side. Without moving your head, try to move the helmet up and down, side to side. You should feel the skin of your head and face being pulled as you try to move the helmet. If you can move the helmet around easily, it is too big and you should try a smaller size.
Your Shoei helmet is covered under warranty for five years from the purchase date, or seven years from the date of manufacture (whichever comes first). The warranty covers all manufacturing defects. Please note that damage caused by the consumer (i.e. dropping the helmet, etc.) is not covered under warranty.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY NOTICE: SHOEI warrants to customers only new helmets purchased from authorized Shoei dealers in their own country. Shoei does not warrant Shoei helmets purchased from a country different from the customer's own country of residence, or helmets purchased in one country for use in another country, because regulatory standards or certification requirements for helmets vary from one country to the next. Helmets purchased from outside of the customer's own country may not have been designed with the the features and aspects intended for buyers in the customer's country that are important for making Shoei helmets a world leader in premium motorcycle helmets and for providing the Shoei experience. Shoei, on behalf of itself and its dealers, disclaims any obligation to provide warranty service for helmets purchased outside of the country where the helmet is presented for warranty service
The warranty coverage period will be five years from the original date of purchase. Any pro-rated warranty purchases during this time will not extend the warranty coverage period. A copy of the original receipt or proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!