Shoei Qwest Wanderlust Full Face Helmet
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
- Shoei's proprietary AIM+ technology combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently
- Aerodynamic properties are maximized through extensive wind tunnel and professional riders' feedback
- Dual layer EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas. Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling. Impact absorbing EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner throughout the entire chin bar
- While some competitors rely on foam padding for fitting a wide range of customers, Shoei offers five shell sizes to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS-XXL
- Shoei's Quick Release Self Adjusting (QRSA) base plate system includes a locking mechanism that allows you to do just that in a snap no tools, no hassle, no problems! Shoei's spring loaded technology featured in the QRSA eliminates the need to adjust base plates for proper sealing. Every time the shield is lowered, the spring loaded base plates pull the shield back to contact the window beading evenly, ensuring a wind and waterproof seal
- Shell forming technology created during the development of Shoei's groundbreaking VFX-W motocross helmet has allowed Shoei to eliminate the need for a plastic spoiler on the QWEST. This technology has allowed Shoei to incorporate the aerodynamic advantages of a spoiler into the shell of the helmet, while maintaining consistent shell thickness to guarantee proper strength and weight. This shell integrated spoiler works to reduce lift during high speed riding, just like the spoiler on a sports car
- Ventilation system utilizes Shoei's wind tunnel to help reveal the optimal balance between airflow and silence, Shoei engineers equipped the QWEST with a larger Lower Vent Shutter for easier use with riding gloves; a strategically positioned Upper Vent for optimal air intake, and uniquely positioned Upper Exhaust Vents to take better advantage of negative pressure suction; all yielding dramatically improved cool air intake and hot air expulsion
- Breath Guard can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverted exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet
- Interior System is equipped with a fully removable, washable, and replaceable 3D center pad and multi-layer cheek pads. The 3D center pad components are three dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head. This 3D fitment allows Shoei to provide a helmet with an extremely comfortable fit, while maintaining the firm hold that is necessary for distraction free, high speed riding. In addition, the liner features eyeglass channels and an integrated neck pad
- CW-1 shield is both wider and taller than the CX-IV that it replaces. In addition, the CW-1 shield protects Shoei riders from 99% of the sun's damaging UVA and UVB rays, and Shoei's three dimensional injection molding process ensures distortion free vision. Another advantage of the CW-1 shield is its ability to work in conjunction with Shoei's optional Pinlock system to deliver fog free vision in even the most challenging conditions. The CW-1 Pinlock lens is larger, and offers fog free viewing to the very top of the helmet's larger eye port
- Eyeglass compatible interior
- The spring loaded base plate (US patent pending 11/799935) pulls the shield back to contact the window beading evenly and ensures a proper seal
- A pre-set lever can easily lock the shield in place to prevent the shield from unexpectedly opening, as well as prop the shield open to increase airflow
- 5 Year Warranty from Purchase Date. 7 Year Warranty from Helmet Manufacture Date. Whichever comes first.
- Meets Snell M2015 and DOT standards
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:Matte Black/Red/White XL||Item #375-0115-1601-07||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Matte Grey/White M||Item #375-0115-1611-05||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|cm||51 - 52||53 - 54||55 - 56||57 - 58||59 - 60||61 - 62||63 - 64||65 - 66|
|Hat Size||63/8 - 6½||65/8 - 6¾||67/8 - 7||71/8 - 7¼||73/8 - 7½||75/8 - 7¾||77/8 - 8||81/8 - 8¼|
|Inches||201/8 - 20½||207/8 - 21¼||215/8 - 22||22½ - 227/8||23¼ - 235/8||24 - 243/8||24¾ - 251/8||255/8 - 26|
General Sizing informationIf you are unsure about your size, compare your body measurements to the charts provided to determine the correct fit. These charts will give you a good idea of the size to order, but be sure to read special sizing information that may accompany an item description. Some merchandise dimensions may vary from the averages charted here.
Head MeasurementMeasure your head size by wrapping a cloth tape measure horizontally around your head at a height of roughly one inch (2.5cm) above your eyebrows. This will give you a measurement of the largest portion of your head. Select the helmet that is closest to your head size. Oftentimes your head measurement may fall between two helmet sizes, if this occurs, try the smaller of the two sizes first.
Check for Proper FitWith the helmet on, go through the following checklist:
- Does the inner lining fit snugly around your entire head?
- Does the top pad press closely around the dome of your head?
- Are your cheek pads in contact with cheeks?
- Does the brow lining fit snugly against brow (you should not be able to insert fingers between the lining and your brow)?
- Take hold of the helmet with a hand on each side. Without moving your head, try to move the helmet up and down, side to side. You should feel the skin of your head and face being pulled as you try to move the helmet. If you can move the helmet around easily, it is too big and you should try a smaller size.
Your Shoei helmet is covered under warranty for five years from the purchase date, or seven years from the date of manufacture (whichever comes first). The warranty covers all manufacturing defects. Please note that damage caused by the consumer (i.e. dropping the helmet, etc.) is not covered under warranty.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY NOTICE: SHOEI warrants to customers only new helmets purchased from authorized Shoei dealers in their own country. Shoei does not warrant Shoei helmets purchased from a country different from the customer's own country of residence, or helmets purchased in one country for use in another country, because regulatory standards or certification requirements for helmets vary from one country to the next. Helmets purchased from outside of the customer's own country may not have been designed with the the features and aspects intended for buyers in the customer's country that are important for making Shoei helmets a world leader in premium motorcycle helmets and for providing the Shoei experience. Shoei, on behalf of itself and its dealers, disclaims any obligation to provide warranty service for helmets purchased outside of the country where the helmet is presented for warranty service
The warranty coverage period will be five years from the original date of purchase. Any pro-rated warranty purchases during this time will not extend the warranty coverage period. A copy of the original receipt or proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Help fellow riders and get 10 rewards points when you !