Shoei GT-Air Expanse Full Face Helmet
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
- The GT-Air's Dual Layer EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) Liner not only provides enhanced impact absorption by utilizing varying densities of foam, it is designed to allow cooling air to travel unrestricted through tunnels created in the EPS, further enhancing the GT-Air's unmatched ventilation characteristics.
- The GT-Air's built in QSV-1 sun shield gives riders instant relief from sun glare in one quick motion. A large, easily located switch activates the 3D injection molded inner shield, and the distortion free view blocks 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays just like the CNS-1 external shield that lies ahead. Unique to the GT-Air, the forehead area of the outer shell is raised slightly to accommodate the internal sun shield, allowing for the integrity of the helmet's inner EPS liner to remain intact. The QSV-1 sun shield exceeds the ANSI Z80.3-2010 standard for nonprescription eyewear.
- Wider and taller than the CX-1V that it replaces, the CNS-1 protects from 99% of the sun's damaging UV rays, and Shoei's 3D injection molding process ensures a distortion free view throughout the entire field of vision. Coupled with the GT-Air exclusive QR-N base plate system, shield changes and base plate function have never been smoother.
- Utilizing Shoei's wind tunnels to help reveal the optimal balance between airflow and silence, Shoei engineers equipped the GT-Air with a large lower vent shutter for ease of use with riding gloves, a strategically placed, three position upper vent for optimal air intake, and uniquely positioned upper exhaust outlet vents to take better advantage of negative pressure suction, all yielding dramatically improved cool air intake and hot air expulsion.
- Thanks to time well spent in Shoei's wind tunnels, GT-Air owners will enjoy a reduction of wind noise without blocking the road's "informative sounds." In addition to optimal shell aerodynamics and liner components designed to prevent unwanted road noises from entering through the bottom of the helmet, a dual ridge window bead and the chin bar's "Vortex Generator" lip work together to reduce noise and manage airflow around the helmet.
- The GT-Air comes equipped with a Pinlock Fog Resistant System, offering the most effective anti-fog protection in existence.
- Shoei's exclusive, state of the art shell forming technology incorporates the aerodynamic advantages of a spoiler right into the shell of the GT-Air. Maintaining a consistent shell thickness to guarantee proper strength and weight, the GT-Air's shell integrated spoiler reduces lift and drag during high speed riding, yielding a stable, less fatiguing ride.
- The GT-Air is equipped with a fully removable, washable, and replaceable interior system. The 3D center pad components 3D shaped to match the contours of a rider's head, allowing for an extremely comfortable fit while maintaining the firm hold necessary for distraction free, high speed riding. The GT-Air's multi-layer cheek pads are available in different thicknesses for a customizable fit.
- While some of Shoei's competitors rely on foam padding for fitting a wide range of customers, Shoei offers an industry leading three shell sizes in the GT-Air to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS-XXL.
- Mechanical tabs disengage cheek pads for easy removal by emergency medical personnel. Helmet can be removed with minimum load to rider in emergency situations.
- The chin curtain can be inserted into the lower edge of the chin bar to reduce wind turbulence and noise.
- The breath guard can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverted exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet.
- 5 Year Warranty from Purchase Date. 7 Year Warranty from Helmet Manufacture Date. Whichever comes first.
- Meets DOT standards
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:Red/Black M||Item #375-0118-1701-05||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Black/White/Green M||Item #375-0118-1704-05||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Black/White/Grey M||Item #375-0118-1706-05||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Black/White/Grey L||Item #375-0118-1706-06||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Black/White/Grey XL||Item #375-0118-1706-07||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|cm||51 - 52||53 - 54||55 - 56||57 - 58||59 - 60||61 - 62||63 - 64||65 - 66|
|Hat Size||63/8 - 6½||65/8 - 6¾||67/8 - 7||71/8 - 7¼||73/8 - 7½||75/8 - 7¾||77/8 - 8||81/8 - 8¼|
|Inches||201/8 - 20½||207/8 - 21¼||215/8 - 22||22½ - 227/8||23¼ - 235/8||24 - 243/8||24¾ - 251/8||255/8 - 26|
General Sizing informationIf you are unsure about your size, compare your body measurements to the charts provided to determine the correct fit. These charts will give you a good idea of the size to order, but be sure to read special sizing information that may accompany an item description. Some merchandise dimensions may vary from the averages charted here.
Head MeasurementMeasure your head size by wrapping a cloth tape measure horizontally around your head at a height of roughly one inch (2.5cm) above your eyebrows. This will give you a measurement of the largest portion of your head. Select the helmet that is closest to your head size. Oftentimes your head measurement may fall between two helmet sizes, if this occurs, try the smaller of the two sizes first.
Check for Proper FitWith the helmet on, go through the following checklist:
- Does the inner lining fit snugly around your entire head?
- Does the top pad press closely around the dome of your head?
- Are your cheek pads in contact with cheeks?
- Does the brow lining fit snugly against brow (you should not be able to insert fingers between the lining and your brow)?
- Take hold of the helmet with a hand on each side. Without moving your head, try to move the helmet up and down, side to side. You should feel the skin of your head and face being pulled as you try to move the helmet. If you can move the helmet around easily, it is too big and you should try a smaller size.
Your Shoei helmet is covered under warranty for five years from the purchase date, or seven years from the date of manufacture (whichever comes first). The warranty covers all manufacturing defects. Please note that damage caused by the consumer (i.e. dropping the helmet, etc.) is not covered under warranty.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY NOTICE: SHOEI warrants to customers only new helmets purchased from authorized Shoei dealers in their own country. Shoei does not warrant Shoei helmets purchased from a country different from the customer's own country of residence, or helmets purchased in one country for use in another country, because regulatory standards or certification requirements for helmets vary from one country to the next. Helmets purchased from outside of the customer's own country may not have been designed with the the features and aspects intended for buyers in the customer's country that are important for making Shoei helmets a world leader in premium motorcycle helmets and for providing the Shoei experience. Shoei, on behalf of itself and its dealers, disclaims any obligation to provide warranty service for helmets purchased outside of the country where the helmet is presented for warranty service
The warranty coverage period will be five years from the original date of purchase. Any pro-rated warranty purchases during this time will not extend the warranty coverage period. A copy of the original receipt or proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!