Schuberth C3 Pro North America Modular Helmet
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
The First High Speed Flip-Up Helmet with Internal Antenna
Light, quiet, compact - these features have characterized the Schuberth C3 flip-up helmet for years. Now Schuberth is presenting a completely updated premium partner to the base model C3 - the C3 PRO. The C3 PRO features a molded rear spoiler developed in the Schuberth wind tunnel for minimizing buffeting at higher speed riding. The internal antenna and Bluetooth receiver enhance the communication range up to ½ mile and FM radio reception for the Schuberth Rider Communication System. The refined inner lining offers a plush, comfortable fit. The new vent scoop boosts airflow through the helmet to over 2.5 gallons of air per second at 65 mph. With a wind tunnel tested sound rating of just 82 dB(A), the C3 PRO is the quietest Schuberth helmet ever.
The Outer Shell
The outer shell of the C3 PRO is offered in two helmet shell sizes and combines an aerodynamically optimal shape with excellent protection. It is manufactured using Schuberth's typical compression moulding process and thus permits great stability and a low weight.
- Shell material: Strong Fiber
- Helmet shell technology from Schuberth creates light weight helmets
- Glass Fiber with a special resin added is compressed in a vacuum at high pressure to form a helmet shell which is exceptionally strong yet lightweight
The inner protective multi-density foam liner is designed and prduced through a spcial injection molding process to ensure optimal shock absorbing and distribution capability for maximum safety against shock trauma.
- Made of specially optimized EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) foam
- Complex multizone foaming allows optimal shock absorption
The removable and washable comfort liner is made of special fabrics and materials for maximum comfort in all riding temperatures.
- COOLMAX and ThermoCoolPolygene and Interpower coating
- New construction with fewer seams
- zippered cheekpads for easy removal
- Optimum moisture wicking
- Precise setting of the chinstrap length through adjustment on both sides
- Micro-lock ratchet lock
- Lower profile
360 Degree Reflectivity
The silver reflective material included in the nape zone of every Schuberth helmet ensures that the rider can be seen better, especially in twilight or at night.
- improved visability = Enhanced safety
- Reflective patches on the upper sides
- Reflective logos front and back
Face Shield with Pinlock Lens
- Pinlock Visor
- Polycarbonate (injection molded)2mm thick/ Optical Class 1
- Patented turbulators reduce wind noise
- Pinlock lens prevents fogging
- Face shield snaps securely closed or city position for airflow
- New visor trim and seals improves insulation
Face Shield Mechanism
- The EasyChange mechanism makes changing the faceshield extremely quick and simple
- Change Face Shield without tools
Internal Sun Visor
- Polycarbonate (very stable) anti-scratch coating on both sides
- Easy to reach slider at base of helmet
- Complies to the Australian Standard for sun glasses (AS 1067)
- Double cable system (push-pull) on both sides for stability
The Patented Anti-Roll-Off System (A.R.O.S.)
The patented Anti-Roll-Off System (A.R.O.S.) developed by Schuberth is provided as a safety feature in every Schuberth motorcycle helmet. It ensures that provided the chinstrap is closed and correctly adjusted:
- the helmet cannot roll off the head from behind
- the risk of contact between the chin section of the helmet and the chin or throat of the rider is minimized.
- the consequences of the helmet coming into contact with the chest as the result of an accident are reduced.
The helmet also has reflective areas which improve visibility in the dark and thus contribute to your safety.
Aeroacoustics of the C3 Pro
A quiet helmet means active safety for the motorcyclist: this permits the rider to concentrate on riding – particularly at higher speeds.
Many hours in the Schuberth acoustic wind tunnel have ensured that the C3 Pro is quiet. The comprehensive acoustics package with optimized helmet shell, wind deflector and extremely ergonomic shape of the neck padding make the C3 Pro – at 82 dBA – one of the quietest helmets ever.
- Acoustics package makes helmet quiet
- Installation of a wind deflector enables the aeroacoustics and consequently the noise level to be improved still further
- Only 82dB(A) at 100km/hr (62 mph)(unfaired motorcycle)
Sound intensity is a phenomenon which can be explained logarithmically/mathematically. A 10 dB(A) jump in noise level is perceived by the human ear as a doubling of the noise level. Conversely a drop of 10 dB(A) is perceived as a halving of the noise level. Physically these changes in the perceived noise level already occur at an increase or decrease of 6 dB (A). This means that the increase/decrease in the physical load is higher than the one perceived.
Aeroacoustics are influenced by:
- The position of the helmet in the air flow, depending on the rider's size and riding posture and the motorcycle's fairing
- Fit of the helmet: differences in the anatomy of the wearer's head, neck and shoulder areas
- Change the position of the windscreen
- Seal off the gap at the bottom of the helmet, e.g. using a scarf or balaklava
Innovative ventilation system
The C3 Pro is equipped with a further development of the proven C3 ventilation system. Thanks to the new design of the ventilation elements, the supply of fresh air is increased by up to 60%. The combination of multipath channels in the EPS foam shell and the head/chin/mouth ventilation ensure that fresh air is distributed effectively over the entire head area. The air channels in the inner shell direct the air which enters through the forehead ventilation well over the back of the head to the rear of the helmet. The low pressure prevailing at the rear of the helmet ensures that the internal air is constantly extracted through the air outlets and the special netting in the neck padding.
- Head ventilation input (adjustable in multiple stages)
- Chin vent for targeted distribution of the incoming air in the helmet
- Over 8 Liters (2 gallons) of fresh air at 62 mph
The highly effective ventilation system of the C3
- Chin ventSummer/winter flap for variable insulation of airflow
- Adjustable head ventilation
- Active 2-way air extraction system
- EPS shell with ventilation segments
- In cold weather it often occurs that with closed air supply the motorcyclist's neck zone becomes sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs
- The concentration of carbon dioxide inside the helmet is a key safety criterion for preventing symptoms of fatigue and the thinning of breathable air
- No negative effects on health need be feared as long as the CO2 concentration remains below 3.5 %
- The maximum level of CO2 concentration at the workplace is 0.5 %
- Even when the neck zone is sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, this helmet guarantees that the CO2 concentration remains below the 0.5% limit as from a speed of approx. 30 km/h
- In cases where the helmet is completely sealed off by hoods, scarves or neckerchiefs, the face shield ought to be opened (city-travel position) for safety reasons when idling, for example at traffic lights, or travelling slowly
The C3 Pro is by default equipped to accommodate the Schuberth SRC-System C3 Pro. To guarantee ideal radio reception for you, the C3 Pro is already equipped with two integrated antennas to boost reception and Bluetooth connection.
- Bluetooth antenna for wireless mobile, GPS and intercom connections to other SRC-System or Cardo Scala Rider users
- FM and Bluetooth antennas integrated into the helmet for optimum reception
- Light weight at only 1,650 grams (+/-50g depending on shell size)
- D.O.T. FMVSS No. 218
U.S. Department of Transportation
This standard establishes minimum performance requirements for helmets designed for use by motorcyclists and other motor vehicle users. The DOT standard sets a level of protection that is targeted at most accidents to reduce deaths and injuries to motorcyclists and other motor vehicle users resulting from head impacts.
Compliance to FMVSS No. 218 is mandatory for motorcycle helmets in the United States and some Canadian provinces.
- ECE-R 22.05
This pre-production batch-testing standard guarantees conformity to defined safety standards in respect of impact absorption, lateral rigidity, retention system and field of vision. The ECE-R 22.05 standard is recognized by the International Motorcycling Federation (FIM), and 58 member countries of the European Union.
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:Black M||Item #410-437971-5360||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!