Mobius X8 Knee Braces
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
- Constructed of an injection molded shell with 20% PIM glass filled nylon shell designed to be flexible and rigid to provide maximum comfort and create a 360 degree of protection that will not rotate or slip
- The CCRS (Continuous Cable Routing System) adjusts the fit with a simple turn of the locking
- CNC forged 6061-T6 anodized aluminum dial
- Plush molded Closed-Cell EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) foam and impact absorbing rubber internal padding for comfortability and easy maintenance
- Overlapping patella area with zero degree CNC forged 6061-T6 anodized aluminum stop leaves no gap exposed regardless of how far the knee is bent
- The Figure-8 cable and behind the knee adjustment pad greatly strengthen the joint yet work as freely as your body's own ligament system
- CNC forged 6061-T6 anodized aluminum hinge plates
- The 7x19 Strand Core Type 304 Stainless steel cable is specially routed (Patent pending) is designed to be flexible, resist fatigue and produce nearly 1000 lbs. of Tensile Strength to reinforce the main ligaments in the knee
- Velcro Straps with TPR (Thermoplastic Rubber) pull tabs numbered in order to provide proper fitment and easy entry and exit
- Sold as a pair (left and right brace)
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:White/Yellow XXS||Item #3008-1010100||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:White/Yellow XS||Item #3008-1010101||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:White/Yellow S||Item #3008-1010102||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:White/Yellow M||Item #3008-1010103||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:White/Yellow L||Item #3008-1010104||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:White/Yellow XL||Item #3008-1010105||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:White/Yellow XXL||Item #3008-1010106||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|Details:Grey/Crimson S||Item #3008-1010302||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|Details:Grey/Crimson M||Item #3008-1010303||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Grey/Crimson L||Item #3008-1010304||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Grey/Crimson XL||Item #3008-1010305||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Grey/Crimson XXL||Item #3008-1010306||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
Mobius Knee Braces
|Thigh Circumference (in)||16 - 18||18 - 20||20 - 22|
|Thigh Circumference (cm)||40 - 46||46 - 50||50 - 56|
General Sizing informationIf you are unsure about your size, compare your body measurements to the charts provided to determine the correct fit. These charts will give you a good idea of the size to order, but be sure to read special sizing information that may accompany an item description. Some merchandise dimensions may vary from the averages charted here.
Measure the circumference of your thigh approximately 6" (15cm) above the center of the knee cap.
- Step 1: First, hold back the Cable Release Button and pull out the Tendon Back Plate until the Cable is fully extended. Then slide the Brace over your leg and center the Patellar Shell over your kneecap while bending your leg. The brace should fit snug on the sides of your knee. If the brace is loose or too snug choose an Optional Patellar Shell Pad until the brace fits snug against the sides of your knee.
- Step 2: While holding the Tibial Shell firmly against your upper shin, attach Velcro Strap #1 locating the Tibial Strap Pad above your calf muscle and just below the crease behind your knee.
- Step 3: While holding the Tendon Back Plate against the back of your thigh and above the crease behind your knee turn the Cable Tensioning Dial clockwise until the cable is tight.
After adjusting the Cable Tensioning Dial to your desired amount of resistance there should be between 0.10"(2 mm) and 1.00"(25 mm) of exposed Cable, as shown in Detail A above.
If the distance is less than 0.10"(2 mm) and the Cable Tensioning Dial locks out, then try replacing the Standard Tendon Back Plate pad with the Optional thicker Tendon Back Plate Pads. If you still can't achieve proper tension in the Cable, then you need to try a smaller size brace.
If the distance is more than 1.00"(25 mm) then you need to try a larger size brace.
- Step 4: Attach Velcro Straps #3 and #4 and re-adjust Cable Tensioning Dial, if necessary, so that the Cable is as tight as you can make it without being too uncomfortable. The tighter you make the Cable the better knee protection you will have.
To remove the brace, first remove Velcro Straps #1, #3, and #4. Then, while holding back the Cable Release Button, pull the Femoral Shell away from your thigh until the cable is completely extended and remove the brace.
Customizing Your Fit
Everyone's legs are different shapes and sizes and many people have different size legs. Mobius X8 Braces are completely customizable to accommodate different leg sizes and shapes. Each braces come with two different optional thicknesses of Patellar Shell Pads so that you can get the brace to fit as snug as possible against the sides of your knees. Many people have smaller or larger than normal upper legs and many people have smaller and larger than normal lower legs. To accommodate this, Mobius offers Pad Fit Kits for the X8 Braces.
For example: If you fit a Small or Medium brace, but your lower leg is relatively larger, then you could replace the Tibial Shell Pads with thinner pads from a Medium or Large Pad Fit Kit. And you could replace the lower Straps with larger Straps from a Medium or Large Strap Kit. The same can be done for the upper leg.
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!