Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT Rear Tire
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality?.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
- Sport touring radial tire with a stiffer casing to deliver the stiffness and extra stability needed for heavier touring bikes, and the comfort you desire for the long ride
- Michelin 2CT (Two Compound Technology) with silica-charged rubber compounds provides excellent grip from 23°F to 113°F
- Specially formulated to provide excellent grip on a wide range of road surfaces, including painted lines and pedestrian crossings, making it easier for you to ride with confidence in virtually all conditions
- Dependable grip, even in challenging conditions, so riding in the rain should feel safer and more secure, and a lot less stressful
- Wear resistant compounds make the Michelin Pilot Road 4 street bike tires last up to 20% longer than the Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires
- The center 20% of the rear tire is a hard rubber compound to withstand aggressive acceleration and braking
- The remaining 40% of the rear tire on each shoulder is a medium rubber compound to maximize grip on the lean angle
- Michelin XST+ (X-Sipe Technology +) siping and enhanced tread patterns for optimum grip at all lean angles
- Patented sipes and integrated water reservoir technology gives increased water drainage capacity and delivers exceptional grip on wet roads
- Transverse sipes allow the front tire to break the water film and ensure outstanding braking in wet weather
- Circumferential sipe and solid strip around the middle of the rear tire enhance traction to help you quickly get up to speed
- Chamfers added to the sipe edges help prevent abnormal wear in extreme conditions
- Stops 17% faster than its closest competitor on wet roads, and 24% faster on a wet slippery surface such as a pedestrian crossing or painted lines*
- Michelin 2AT (Dual Angle Technology) uniquely combines elements of both bias and radial tire designs in order to deliver the best of both worlds
- The extra load carrying capacity of bias and the riding please of a radial for a more stable and comfortable ride
- Whether you are riding your GT-class bike solo, 2-up or with luggage, you'll appreciate the added stability
- Your heavy touring bike will feel stable and secure in both straight line and cornering situations
- The Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT tire has been successfully homologated on BMW R 1200 RT and will be OEM for 40% of its new models
- This motorcycle tire is tubeless
- These sport touring motorcycle tires are W rated for speeds up to 168 mph
Available in the following motorcycle tire sizes: 170/60ZR-17, 180/55ZR-17, 190/50ZR-17, and 190/55ZR-17
* Tests conducted for braking on wet surfaces in July of 2013, by Dekra Test Center. Tests compared the Michelin Pilot Road 4 tire vs. Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II, Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact, Pirelli Angel GT Gran Tourismo and Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T30 tires in dimensions 120/70ZR-17 M/C 58W (front) and 180/55ZR-17 M/C 73W (rear). Results may vary depending on motorcycle type, operating conditions, and riding style of the driver.
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details: 190/55ZR-17||Item #190-879930||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details: 170/60ZR-17||Item #190-879933||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details: 180/55ZR-17||Item #190-879934||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details: 190/50ZR-17||Item #190-879935||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Help fellow riders and get 10 rewards points when you !