Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact Radial Front Tire
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
The Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact sport bike tire is the most highly engineered supersport tire destined for demanding motorcycle riders who face all riding conditions and demand the best performance from their motorcycle tires.
- Five tension zones, for exceptional grip at high lean angles and extended mileage
- Interact Technology with five zone tension layout ensures the best balance between mileage, high grip for sporty riding, road riding, and precision at maximum lean
- Five zone tension provided by modular steel string winding tension gives linear change of tire softness along the profile, resulting in performance exactly where needed
- Incredible sense of confidence whilst at lean and easy to stand back up to allow maximum grip when exiting a corner
- Dura Sil compound provides quick warm up and wet traction for an improved safety feeling in every riding condition
- High Silica compound sets the benchmark of the segment for wet behavior across a wide range of temperatures for safety feeling and confidence on wet roads
- Street/race performance enhanced by Metzeler's multi-zone compound technology
- Tested and approved for the BMW S1000RR
- This motorcycle tire is tubeless
- These ultrasport motorcycle tires are W rated for speeds up to 168 mph
- 0° Steel Radial Construction - Innovative belt structure with a single ply of steel cords wrapped around a radial carcass at 0°
- Patented high performance technology by Metzeler for both front and rear tires
- Steel features a higher stiffness than textile and this allows the reduction of the tire weight
- Reduces the dynamic deformation of the tire under centrifugal forces giving the tire an excellent high-speed stability
- Mileage is increased and wear characteristics are more uniform due to the more uniform heat distribution
- Metzeler Advanced Winding - “Metzeler Advanced Winding” is a patented system for optimum spacing between the cords of the 0° steel belt
- In certain sections of the tire, the steel cords are wound with different spacing depending on the performance requirements on that particular area of the tire
- On both front and rear tire the spacing is wider in the crown area for more elasticity and self-damping
- For sections of the tire used for mid lean, there is increased stiffness to support fast cornering
- On the shoulder area on the rear tire, the spacing is again wider for safe feedback and control when riding towards full lean
- Contour Modelling Technology - Advanced design technology of the tire contour is tuned to meet high performance riding demanded on the latest bikes
- A combination of different profiles on front and rear are optimized to be complimentary at any given angle of lean
- The final contour design of the tire set features the best aspects of performance for every riding style on all of the latest bikes: predictability, feedback at the limit of grip and cornering stability
- Dura Sil Compound - High-performance compound with a high Silica content and reinforcing elements to give better stiffness and superior mechanical resistance
- Developed to guarantee a fast and efficient adaptability from cold to hot, dry to wet, and normal road to racetrack use with high durability
- Interact: Multi-Zone-Tension - With the differences of Multi Zone Tension and the modular steel cord winding tension, the performance of the tread compound varies depending on the stiffness of the structure underneath
- Center Area - High steel tension gives low compound flexibility for mileage and stability
- Shoulder Areas - Low steel tension gives high compound flexibility for better handling and grip
- Full Lean - High steel tension gives low compound flexibility for maximum support and precision
- Performance exactly where needed, giving maximum adaptability to different riding styles
- Greek letter Pi (p) shaped tread - This design provides efficient water drainage resulting in increased safety on wet roads with a hi-tech look
- Tread design gives a modern look and improved lasting capabilities
- Tread pattern is the result of an extensive series of tests to achieve high effectiveness in dry (stability) and wet (drainage) conditions, but also provides an increased life for the tire
- The shape and distribution the tread grooves contributes to the overall performance with very effective water drainage as well as a superb flexibility
Note: Wheel sold separately.
Available in the following motorcycle tire sizes: 110/70ZR-17, 120/60ZR-17, and 120/70ZR-17
- Kawasaki ZX14R 2012 - Tire size 120/70ZR-17 E is and O.E.M. replacement tire.
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details: 120/70ZR-17 E||Item #335-0301-0395||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!