Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact O-Spec Radial Rear Tire
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
The Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact M-Spec and O-Spec sport touring tires provide best-in-segment mileage and optimal wet performance throughout the tire's life thanks to an innovative tread pattern, a widened and more elliptical footprint, and a host of wear-resistant technologies not normally seen in motorcycle tires. Wet weather handling of motorcycle tires and especially the braking performance in wet conditions, is becoming an increasingly important feature demanded by the rider. Metzeler developed the M and O Spec sport touring tires to provide motorcyclists the latest technology in terms of wet grip by retaining a high level of performance in all other areas.
- Everything about this motorcycle tire has been designed to put the rider in control
- The tire responds like an extension of the rider's instincts, creating an invigorating blend of precise riding feel and effortless handling
- Design of the motorcycle tire improves wear regularity which gives riders the benefit of a consistent riding performance across the tire's entire life
- Designed to make riding easier, regardless of the motorcycle - for a long and safe experience
- The 3-zone-tension Interact Technology gives outstanding mileage and sporty cornering grip
- Best wet performance in the Sport Touring segment
- This motorcycle tire is tubeless
- These sport touring motorcycle tires are W rated for speeds up to 168 mph
- O spec rear tire features a two ply carcass
- 0° Steel Radial Construction - Innovative belt structure with a single ply of steel cords wrapped around a radial carcass at 0°
- Patented high performance technology by Metzeler for both front and rear tires
- Steel features a higher stiffness than textile and this allows the reduction of the tire weight
- Reduces the dynamic deformation of the tire under centrifugal forces giving the tire an excellent high-speed stability
- Mileage is increased and wear characteristics are more uniform due to the more uniform heat distribution
- Metzeler Advanced Winding - “Metzeler Advanced Winding” is a patented system for optimum spacing between the cords of the 0° steel belt
- In certain sections of the tire, the steel cords are wound with different spacing depending on the performance requirements on that particular area of the tire
- On both front and rear tire the spacing is wider in the crown area for more elasticity and self-damping
- For sections of the tire used for mid lean, there is increased stiffness to support fast cornering
- Contour Modelling Technology - Advanced design technology of the tire contour is tuned to meet high performance riding demanded on the latest bikes
- A combination of different profiles on front and rear are optimized to be complimentary at any given angle of lean
- The final contour design of the tire set features the best aspects of performance for every riding style on all of the latest bikes: predictability, feedback at the limit of grip and cornering stability
- FCM - Fine Carbon Mix - Fine Carbon Mix compound structure has been obtained using the last generation of high-performance raw materials for a quicker adaptability to a wider range of conditions, going from cold to warm, from wet to dry
- This structure ensures highest level of grip both in dry and in wet conditions, thus maintaining extremely high mileage characteristics
- Interact: Multi-Zone-Tension - With the differences of Multi Zone Tension and the modular steel cord winding tension, the performance of the tread compound depends on the stiffness of the structure underneath
- Performance exactly where needed, giving maximum adaptability to different riding styles
- Multi Zone Tension Steel Belt provides progressive variation of carcass stiffness resulting in long mileage combined with high grip at lean
- Bi-compound mixture - The rubber compound in the central section of the tread area, depending on the tire size, is on average 45mm wide, with a 70% silica content specifically designed for higher mileage and stability at high speeds
- The tire shoulders comprise of approximately 88mm on each side of the profile and have a 100% silica compound, which increases dramatically the chemical grip in the wet and reduces sliding under all conditions
- High silica compound - Silica compound with nano-particles increases performance and safety in all weather conditions
- High Silica Compound provides a chemical grip on wet surfaces resulting in reduced braking distance and increased safety feeling on wet
Tire Tread and Profile
- Greek letter Pi (p) shaped tread - This design provides efficient water drainage resulting in increased safety on wet roads with a hi-tech look
- Tire contour together with the patented profile design improves handling and reduces steering effort significantly - for maximum confidence in all riding conditions
- Profile matched with patented tread design provides easy handling and reduced push steering for maximum confidence in all maneuvers
- Profile shape maximizes the flexibility of the profile, thus ensuring an optimum tire footprint under in all conditions
Note: Wheel sold separately.
Available in the following motorcycle tire sizes: 180/55ZR-17, 190/50ZR-17, and 190/55ZR-17.
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details: 190/50ZR-17||Item #335-0302-0692||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details: 190/55ZR-17||Item #335-0302-0694||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!