Metzeler Roadtec 01 Heavy Weight Motorcycle Rear Tire
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
Roadtec 01 is the latest evolution in Metzeler touring tires, with a focus on enhancing grip on wet and low friction surfaces, an increased mileage and a high degree of adaptability to different motorcycles, riding styles and conditions. The contemporary answer to past and future needs - providing riding stability, comfort and handling on naked, sport and touring motorcycles.
- Heavy Weight Motorcycle spec tire with increased stability from a 2-ply carcass, where standard rear tires have only 1 ply
- Dual compound layout features a central stripe with high silica content mixed with carbon black, to increase mileage and stability, while shoulders have a full silica compound providing top notch chemical grip
- The central stripe covers approximately 30% of the tread pattern section, with the remaining 70% of full silica compound equally split between the two shoulders
- Similar compounds between front tires and rear tires shoulders provides a homogeneous contact feeling to the rider
- Multi-compound tire with increased harmonization between compounds
- Improved compounds solutions aid in both durability and grip so you can ride longer and safer
- Structural elements fine tuning and Metzeler Interact technology promote adaptive behavior across a wide range of motorcycles and riding situations
- Tuning of structural elements for balanced stiffness/flexibility across tire contour gives stability, precision and predictability in riding
- Rebalanced tire stiffness for better adherence of rubber to tarmac
- Variable 0° steel belt tension layout reduces movements and vibrations while enhancing precision and absorbing bumps, conveying the stress toward the tire sidewall
- Belt and carcass tension upgraded for increased stability on rear tires during strong braking
- Tread groove geometry and positioning grants long lasting performance
- Tread design enhancing mechanical grip allows for increased confidence and safety feeling while riding
- High transversal degree tread design gives increased mechanical grip for more safety when riding, even on difficult surfaces
- Tread design as a whole grants a higher water drainage ratio compared previous generations
- Groove placement and geometry fine tuned for all lean angles and riding in a straight way
- Radial positioned grooves increase grip on wet roads with a focus on low friction surfaces, such as city streets and worn asphalt
- Revised land/sea ratio provides higher wearing resistance in conjunction with tread design ensures consistent performance for the entire tire life
- Larger and shorter contact patch provides reduced tire consumption so you can ride longer and further - up to 10% increased mileage vs. Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact tires
- Contact patch holds a higher number of tread design elements, thereby increasing its efficiency
- Footprint includes a higher section of the full-silica shoulder compound, which is capable of delivering the highest chemical grip on wet and low friction surfaces
- Profile works in synergy with the improved compounds to ensure an extended product lifecycle
- Extended mileage and performance consistency with enhanced precision and riding comfort
- Unsurpassed rider confidence when leaning, braking and accelerating on all types of roads and highways
- Increased grip across a wide range of riding environments, weather and temperature conditions
- Surpasses 2015 test winner Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact tires in grip, mileage, and wet weather performance
- Weight icon next to the product name on the tire sidewall
- This motorcycle tire is tubeless
- These sport touring motorcycle tires are W rated for speeds up to 168 mph
Note: Wheel sold separately.
Available in the following motorcycle tire sizes: 180/55ZR-17, 190/50ZR-17, and 190/55ZR-17
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details: 180/55ZR-17||Item #335-2681300||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details: 190/50ZR-17||Item #335-2681400||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details: 190/55ZR-17||Item #335-2681500||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!