The modern riding position - higher rear sets, lower clip-ons - has dramatically altered how a rider interacts with the modern hypersport motorcycle. Compressed into an ever more compact shape, the rider's head positioning requires increased angle to maintain visibility and stability. With this in mind, Icon designed the Airframe Pro.
Concentrating on this singular design focus allowed us to to realize opportunities to decrease drag and weight by sculpting the traditional neckline to avoid jacket or suit interference. Its aggressive geometry increases the line of sight while improving aerodynamic attitude in a fully tucked riding posture.
The dramatically reduced shell profile, comprised of aerospace grade carbon fiber, features a track recognized ECE certification. Precision assembly techniques further the dedication to mass reduction, allowing Icon to craft a helmet that is exceptionally light and peerlessly outfitted.
Internally, the traditional three piece liner has been upgraded to a five piece liner, providing a greater amount of fitment combinations for each unique head shape. Crown, lateral, fore and aft padding components allow for a possibility of twenty seven fitment combinations in a single shell, double that of the Airframe Pro's competitors.
Both internally and externally, the Icon Airframe Pro is optimized for the angle of attack
- Handmade 4Tress carbon fiber shell
- Four unique shell sizes for minimized mass and drag
- Sculpted neck roll reduces jacket/suit interference
- Five piece sublimated Hydra-Dry moisture wicking liner
- Linear ported forehead vents
- Low profile vents throughout the shell
- Fog free Icon Optics shield with Rapid-Release release system
- Prolock positive shield locking system
- Removable breath deflector and chin curtain
- Intermediate oval head form
- Traceshield shield with tear-off post available. Sold separately
- All World Standard, meets or exceeds the following: Dot FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (Europe), SAI AS1698:2006 (Australia) & PSC (Japan) safety and testing standards
Note: Does not ship with SAI or PSC certification stickers unless purchased from an authorized dealer in that country.