EBC XC-Series Contour Front Brake Rotor
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
- The steel used in the EBC motorcycle brake rotor blades is a special stainless blend with higher friction effect than normal heat treated stainless steel found on stock discs
- Boasts up to 10% improvement in friction effect improving brakes even further
- Weight of the X and XC series is reduced by 5-10% by using a 6 only button drive system on a lightweight alloy center hub, which once again grabs the lead over stock parts
- The SD-System uses a square sided rivet with many advantages
- The SD-System of square sided buttons means that the rotor can expand inwards and outwards unrestrained and that perfect rotor functionality is retained at any speed or load
- This extends the lifetime of the rotor and prevents distortion failures
- Keeps the rotor blades perfectly true and flat throughout their life cycle and technically the only reason for a rotor to need replacement will be impact damage or over a very extended number of miles possible rotor wear limits being exceeded
- This means that a rotor equipped with the EBC Brakes SD-System could last 5-10 times as long as a conventional rotor built with circular buttons
- The drive forces under braking are transmitted over a line contact on the square side of the button compared to the point contact of a circular button
- Maintains close tolerances of the rotor in the drive direction over a far longer period thereby extending rotor life
Note: Image for reference only. Actual product may vary according to vehicle.
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!