D.I.D 525VX Series Pro-Street X-Ring Chain
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality?.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
D.I.D has merged their Professional V Series O-Ring chain and their top selling Premium VM Series X-Ring chain into the D.I.D Pro-Street VX Series X-Ring motorcycle chain. VX Series street bike chains have greater rigidity and wear resistance, compared to D.I.D's previous VM Series, with a patented low friction X-Ring for maximum performance. D.I.D Pro-Street VX Series X-Ring Chains are a perfect match for your dual sport, sportbike or sport touring bike.
- X-Ring motorcycle chain with half the friction compared to an O-Ring chain
- Provides smoother handling, reduced power loss, and quicker response
- Greater rigidity (7% higher) and longer life than previous D.I.D VM series chains
- Increased rigidity means better power transfer from the engine to the ground and greater resistance to stretching under load
- Resists elongation and deformation due to a shorter, wider pin
- X-Ring design delivers overall improved performance that meets the demands of today's high-performance machines
- D.I.D X-Ring Chains have the greatest wear resistance of any other type of O-Ring or Non O-Ring chain
- Half the power loss and 1.5 to 2 times longer wear resistance (compared with normal O-ring chains)
- D.I.D's patented X-Ring construction reduces friction by twisting between the side plates instead of being squashed
- Normal O-Rings and other makers modified O-Rings have squashed points that increase friction
- Twisting action of the X-Ring disperses the pressure and minimizes power loss
- Four contact points greatly increase the X-ring's sealing performance
- Keeps the dirt out and the lubrication in much better than any other O-Ring
- D.I.D X-Ring is superior to other types of O-ring designs
- Suitable for motorcycles up to 900cc
- Average tensile strength of 9,220 lbs
- Wear life index of 3,600
- Rivet type connecting links
Note: Image for reference only. Actual product may vary according to vehicle.
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:Natural 110 Links||Item #312-2750||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Gold 110 Links||Item #312-2751||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Gold 112 Links||Item #312-2751-112||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Gold 98 Links||Item #312-2751-98||Availability:Available: Ships in 3-5 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|Details:Natural 120 Links||Item #312-2752||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Gold 120 Links||Item #312-2753||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Natural 122 Links||Item #312-2754||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Gold 122 Links||Item #312-2755||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|Details:Natural 130 Links||Item #312-2756||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Gold 130 Links||Item #312-2757||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
D.I.D Chain Link Sizes and Tensile Strength
|D.I.D Chain||Pin Length||Roller Dia.||Plate Thickness||Weight/100 links||Avg. Tensile Strength||Seal Type||Wear Index||Links|
| ||mm||in||mm||Inner (mm)||Outer (mm)||kg||lbs||KN||lbs|| || || |
If your motorcycle came with an O.E.M O-ring or X-ring chain, do not replace it with a standard non O-ring chain; you must replace it with a sealed chain of equal or greater strength.
If your stock motorcycle came with an "endless" chain, a replacement chain must be installed with a rivet type connecting link.
Standard non O-ring chains are not suitable for high performance motorcycles.
Wear Life Index
Wear Life Index is a way to compare one chain's possible life to another under identical circumstances. A higher number indicates a longer chain life. Calculated by D.I.D with the correctly sized D.I.D standard chain used as a reference. The standard chains have an index of 100.
Example: A 520ERT2 chain has an index of 430 which corresponds to a projected wear life 4.3 times longer (430%) than a 520 standard chain under similar conditions.
Each chain comes standard with the corresponding connecting link. Those marked with an asterisk (*) have an optional connecting link of the other type available.
Clip type of master links for 415ERZ, 520ERS2, ERT2, MX, 420V, 420NZ3, and 520DZ2 are loose fit.
Connecting links between chain types and models are not interchangeable. You must use connecting link designed for your specific chain.
Example: 520VX2 connecting links are not compatible with 520ZVM-X chains.
Chain Pitch and Width
- 415 drive chains have a pitch of 12.70mm (0.500 in) and a width of 4.76mm (0.187 in)
- 420 drive chains have a pitch of 12.70mm (0.500 in) and a width of 6.35mm (0.250 in)
- 428 drive chains have a pitch of 12.70mm (0.500 in) and a width of 7.94mm (0.313 in)
- 520 drive chains have a pitch of 15.875mm (0.625 in) and a width of 6.35mm (0.250 in)
- 525 drive chains have a pitch of 15.875mm (0.625 in) and a width of 7.93mm (0.312 in)
- 530 and 532 drive chains have a pitch of 15.875mm (0.625 in) and a width of 9.53mm (0.375 in)
- 630 and 632 drive chains have a pitch of 19.05mm (0.750 in) and a width of 9.53mm (0.375 in)
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!