2020 Honda CRF450RX Features And Benefits
Today Honda announced
information and specs regarding the 2020 CRF450RX. Ridden to the
2018 AMA National Grand Prix Championship (NGPC) by JCR Honda's
Trevor Stewart, the CRF450RX returns for 2020 with the addition of
Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), improving rear-wheel hookup
in the limited-traction situations so common in closed-course
off-road racing. A new battery position lowers the center of
gravity for improved handling, and internal suspension updates
yield improved machine balance. Just like the 2019 platform
campaigned by Stewart, SLR Honda's Ricky Dietrich and Phoenix
Racing Honda's Andrew Delong, the 2020 CRF450RX maintains its
off-road pedigree with a model-specific ECU and 18-inch rear wheel,
aluminum side stand and large fuel tank.
[caption id="attachment_72876" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 2020 Honda CRF450RX[/caption]
- All-new Honda Selectable Torque Control with three levels of
intervention. HSTC monitors rpm spikes and responds by temporarily
reducing torque to aid rear traction. A handlebar-mounted switch
allows selection between three modes, depending on conditions and
- Revised mapping for riding modes in Standard, Smooth and
Aggressive options, selectable via a separate handlebar-mounted
switch, enables simple tuning depending on rider preference or
- Revised internal fork and shock settings for improved chassis
balance and overall handling.
- Battery position lowered by 28mm moves center of gravity
downward to further improve chassis balance and handling.
- New rear brake-pad material for improved performance and
- Elimination of lower rear brake-rotor guard, to improve heat
dissipation and reduce unsprung weight.
- Updated graphics.
- 449cc single-cylinder engine with UnicamÂ® cylinder head,
downdraft intake tract, electronic fuel injection and electric
start offers unparalleled "Absolute Holeshot" performance.
- Selectable HRC launch control provides a steady stream of
torque for excellent performance on race starts.
- Electric starter (powered by a lightweight lithium-ion
- Shift sensor allows a dedicated ignition map for each gear,
enabling optimum running.
- 2.2 gallon resin fuel tank for completing long closed-course
- 18-inch rear wheel to enable taller tire sidewalls for improved
traction in technical conditions.
- Forged aluminum side stand is designed to be lightweight yet
- Sealed drive chain to withstand the elements.
- Suspension with settings dedicated to closed-course off-road
- Twin-spar aluminum frame engineered for great traction and
cornering feel, and to minimize weight.
- Chassis layout allows heavier components to be located as
centrally and low as possible for nimble handling and feel.
- Front-brake caliper uses a pair of pistons (30mm and 27mm) for
optimal braking performance on a 260mm rotor with a petal pattern
to best dissipate heat.
- ShowaÂ® shock and 49mm coil-spring fork.
- Front brake hose resists expansion for precise, consistent
- Top triple clamp has two handlebar-clamp locations for moving
the handlebar back and forth by 26mm. With reversible handlebar
clamp enabling an additional 10mm of adjustment from the base
position, there are a total of four different handlebar
- Black RenthalÂ® FatbarÂ® handlebar encourages active riding
position, while also contributing to light steering feel.
- Footpegs shed mud and give the rider great feel and confidence
in all riding conditions.
- Black D.I.D rims deliver a strong presence on and off the
- Minimization of lines and gaps in the plastic panels results in
a smooth surface, facilitating riding-position changes.
- In-mold graphics are durable and resistant to peeling caused by
washing or abrasion.
- Dunlop Geomax AT81 tires provide optimum feel and traction in
challenging riding conditions.
|Type||449.7cc liquid-cooled 10Âº single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||UnicamÂ® OHC, four-valve; 10.0mm intake, steel; 8.8mm exhaust, s|
|Bore x Stroke||96.0mm x 62.1mm|
|Induction||Programmed fuel-injection system (PGM-FI); 46mm throttle bore|
|Starter||Push-button electric starter|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed return; manual|
|Clutch||Multiplate wet (6 springs)|
|Final Drive||#520 sealed chain; 13T/50T|
|Front||49mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil-s|
|Rear||Pro-Link system; fully adjustable Showa single shock w/ 12.4 in.|
|Front||2-piston caliper (30mm, 27mm) hydraulic; single 260mm disc|
|Rear||1-piston caliper hydraulic; single 240mm disc|
|Front||Dunlop Geomax AT81 90/90-21 w/ tube|
|Rear||Dunlop Geomax AT81 120/90-18 w/ tube|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||27Â°25'|
|Trail||116mm (4.6 in.)|
|Ground Clearance||12.9 in.|
|Seat Height||37.8 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||2.25 gal.|
|Curb Weight*||255 lbs.|