2020 Honda CRF450RWE Features And Benefits
Today Honda announced
information and specs regarding the 2020 CRF450RWE. Following a
successful debut year in which it quickly caught the eye of
performance-hungry enthusiasts who demand the absolute best, the
CRF450RWE ("Works Edition") gets even better for 2020, with updates
based on the machines in the Team Honda HRC factory race shop.
Already a dominant force when it comes to lap times, this exclusive
model now features a full titanium Yoshimura exhaust system, as a
lightweight Ti header (the first of its kind on a Honda motocross
model) joins the titanium Yosh muffler, all specifically designed
to work with the model's hand-polished ports. Honda Selectable
Torque Control (HSTC), developed through HRC's worldwide racing
effort, now comes standard, enabling three levels of intervention
via a handlebar-mounted switch, and a new battery position lowers
the machine's center of gravity. Rounding out the changes are
internal suspension updates, improved rear brake-pad performance
and durability, new dual-compound Renthal grips and graphic
[caption id="attachment_72874" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 2020 Honda CRF450RWE[/caption]
- Titanium Yoshimura header pipe for reduced weight and increased
- All-new Honda Selectable Torque Control with three levels of
intervention. HSTC monitors rpm spikes and responds by temporarily
reducing torque to aid rear traction. A handlebar-mounted switch
allows selection between three modes, depending on conditions and
- Revised mapping for riding modes in Standard, Smooth and
Aggressive options, selectable via a separate handlebar-mounted
switch, enables simple tuning depending on rider preference or
- Revised internal fork and shock settings for improved chassis
balance and overall handling.
- Battery position lowered by 28mm moves center of gravity
downward to further improve chassis balance and handling.
- New rear brake-pad material for improved performance and
- Elimination of lower rear brake-rotor guard, to improve heat
dissipation and reduce unsprung weight.
- Renthal dual-compound Kevlar grips
- Red-plastic number plates to match look of Team Honda HRC
- Updated Throttle Jockey graphics to match look of Team Honda
HRC factory bikes, with abbreviated side-panel pieces for improved
[caption id="attachment_72873" align="aligncenter"
width="300"] 2020 Honda CRF450RWE[/caption]
- 449cc single-cylinder engine with Unicam cylinder head,
downdraft intake tract, electronic fuel injection and electric
start offers unparalleled "Absolute Holeshot" performance.
- Unique cylinder head with factory hand-polished ports improves
torque feeling from low- to midrange, especially between 5,000 and
6,000 rpm, for even quicker lap times.
- ECU settings optimize performance advantages of the Yoshimura
exhaust and cylinder-head.
- Selectable HRC launch control provides a steady stream of
torque for excellent performance on race starts.
- Electric starter, powered by a lightweight lithium-ion
- Shift sensor allows a dedicated ignition map for each gear,
enabling optimum running.
- Kashima fork-tube coating reduces friction and improves
handling performance. Developed by Miyaki Company of Japan, Kashima
coating is a special treatment for hard-anodized finishes that
fills the micro-pores on the surface of hard-anodized aluminum for
better lubrication and reduced stiction.
- Titanium nitride coating on fork legs enhances suspension
- Shock shaft processed with Super Finisher and coated with
titanium nitride for superior performance.
- Twin-spar aluminum frame engineered for great traction and
cornering feel, and to minimize weight.
- Chassis layout allows heavier components to be located as
centrally and low as possible for nimble handling and feel.
- Front-brake caliper uses a pair of pistons (30mm and 27mm) for
optimal braking performance on a 260mm rotor with a petal pattern
to best dissipate heat.
- ShowaÂ® shock and 49mm coil-spring fork.
- Front brake hose resists expansion for precise, consistent
- Top triple clamp has two handlebar-clamp locations for moving
the handlebar back and forth by 26mm. With reversible handlebar
clamp enabling an additional 10mm of adjustment from the base
position, there are a total of four different handlebar
- Black RenthalÂ® FatbarÂ® handlebar encourages active riding
position, while also contributing to light steering feel.
- Footpegs shed mud and give the rider great feel and confidence
in all riding conditions.
- Lightweight, compact 1.66 gallon titanium fuel tank keeps
weight to a minimum.
- Strong D.I.D LT-X rims with special laser-engraved logo.
- High-performance gold RK chain.
- Throttle Jockey factory Team Honda HRC seat cover for enhanced
grip during acceleration.
- Top and bottom triple clamps in black complement high-end
- Minimization of lines and gaps in the plastic panels results in
a smooth surface, facilitating riding-position changes.
- Available only through Honda dealers, Dunlop Geomax MX3S tires
provide superior bump absorption and excellent grip.
|Type||449.7cc liquid-cooled 10Âº single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||UnicamÂ® OHC, four-valve; 38mm intake, titanium; 31mm exhaust|
|Bore x Stroke||96.0mm x 62.1mm|
|Induction||Programmed fuel-injection system (PGM-FI); 46mm throttle bore|
|Starter||Push-button electric starter|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed return; manual|
|Clutch||Multiplate wet (6 springs)|
|Final Drive||#520 RK gold chain; 13T/49T|
|49mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil spring fork; Kashima coating on fork tubes, titanium-nitride|
|Rear||Pro-Link system; fully adjustable Showa single shock; titanium|
|Front||2-piston caliper (30mm, 27mm) hydraulic; single 260mm disc|
|Rear||1-piston caliper hydraulic; single 240mm disc|
|Front||Dunlop Geomax MX3S 80/100-21 w/ tube|
|Rear||Dunlop Geomax MX3S 120/80-19 w/ tube|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||27Â°22'|
|Trail||116mm (4.6 in.)|
|Ground Clearance||12.9 in.|
|Seat Height||37.8 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||1.66 gal.|
|Curb Weight*||247 lbs.|
Source: Honda News