2020 Honda CRF450R Features And Benefits
Today Honda announced
information and specs regarding the 2020 CRF450R. For 2020, Honda's
flagship CRF450R-the same platform raced by Team Honda HRC's Ken
Roczen and Cole Seely-puts more engine-management choices at the
fingertips of racers, with the addition of Honda Selectable Torque
Control (HSTC). Developed through HRC's worldwide racing effort,
the system maximizes rear-tire hookup to keep all of the UnicamÂ®
engine's horsepower driving the bike and rider forward, improving
racing success regardless of track conditions. In keeping with
racing-body regulations, the system measures rate of rpm increase
and adjusts delivery accordingly, and a handlebar-mounted switch
enables selection from three levels of delivery (most in class). In
addition, the CRF450R's front-rear balance is refined and handling
is improved thanks to internal suspension updates, and a new
battery position that lowers the machine's center of gravity.
Improved rear-brake pad performance and durability, and the
exclusive specification of Dunlop GeomaxÂ® MX3S tires round out a
machine that's ready to take riders to the next level.
[caption id="attachment_72880" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 2020 Honda CRF450R[/caption]
- All-new Honda Selectable Torque Control with three levels of
intervention. HSTC monitors rpm spikes and responds by temporarily
reducing torque to aid rear traction. A handlebar-mounted switch
allows selection between three modes, depending on conditions and
- Revised mapping for riding modes in Standard, Smooth and
Aggressive options, selectable via a separate handlebar-mounted
switch, enables simple tuning depending on rider preference or
- Revised internal fork and shock settings for improved chassis
balance and overall handling.
- Battery position lowered by 28mm accentuates moves center of
gravity downward to further improve chassis balance and
- New rear brake-pad material for improved performance and
- Elimination of lower rear brake-rotor guard, to improve heat
dissipation and reduce unsprung weight.
- Updated graphics.
- 449cc single-cylinder engine with Unicam cylinder head,
downdraft intake tract, electronic fuel injection and electric
start offers unparalleled "Absolute Holeshot" performance.
- Selectable HRC launch control provides a steady stream of
torque for excellent performance on race starts.
- Electric starter (powered by a lightweight lithium-ion
- Shift sensor allows a dedicated ignition map for each gear,
enabling optimum running.
- Twin-spar aluminum frame engineered for great traction and
cornering feel, and to minimize weight.
- Chassis layout allows heavier components to be located as
centrally and low as possible for nimble handling and feel.
- Front-brake caliper uses a pair of pistons (30mm and 27mm) for
optimal braking performance on a 260mm rotor with a petal pattern
to best dissipate heat.
- ShowaÂ® shock and 49mm coil-spring fork.
- Front brake hose resists expansion for precise, consistent
- Top triple clamp has two handlebar-clamp locations for moving
the handlebar back and forth by 26mm. With reversible handlebar
clamp enabling an additional 10mm of adjustment from the base
position, there are a total of four different handlebar
- Black RenthalÂ® FatbarÂ® handlebar encourages active riding
position, while also contributing to light steering feel.
- Footpegs shed mud and give the rider great feel and confidence
in all riding conditions.
- Lightweight, compact 1.66 gallon titanium fuel tank keeps
weight to a minimum.
- Black D.I.D rims deliver a strong presence on and off the
- Minimization of lines and gaps in the plastic panels results in
a smooth surface, facilitating riding-position changes.
- In-mold graphics are durable and resistant to peeling caused by
washing or abrasion.
- Available only through Honda dealers, Dunlop Geomax MX3S tires
provide superior bump absorption and excellent grip.
|Type||449.7cc liquid-cooled 10Âº single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||UnicamÂ® OHC, four-valve; 38mm intake, titanium; 31mm exhaust, steel|
|Bore x Stroke||96.0mm x 62.1mm|
|Induction||Programmed fuel-injection system (PGM-FI); 46mm throttle bore|
|Starter||Push-button electric starter|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed return; manual|
|Clutch||Multiplate wet (6 springs)|
|Final Drive||#520 chain; 13T/49T|
|49mm fully adjustable leading-axle
inverted telescopic Showa coil-spring fork|
w/ 12.0 in. travel
|Rear||Pro-Link system; fully adjustable Showa single shock w/ 12.4 in. wheel travel|
|Front||2-piston caliper (30mm, 27mm) hydraulic; single 260mm disc|
|Rear||1-piston caliper hydraulic; single 240mm disc|
|Front||Dunlop Geomax MX3S 80/100-21 w/ tube|
|Rear||Dunlop Geomax MX3S 120/80-19 w/ tube|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||27Â°22'|
|Trail||116mm (4.6 in.)|
|Ground Clearance||12.9 in.|
|Seat Height||37.8 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||1.66 gal.|
|Curb Weight*||247 lbs.|
Source: Honda News