2020 KTM 85 SX 19"/16"
The riders of the junior class are not beginners. These are future
champions fighting for victory, no matter if it is the AMA Amateur
National Title or Junior Motocross World Championship. There is no
85 cc machine that is more READY TO RACE than the 2020 KTM 85 SX.
This is no surprise really, as it boasts a state-of-the-art engine
developed by KTM, combined with a high-end WP suspension and a
super lightweight, rugged chassis to make up a perfect overall
2020 KTM 85 19"/16" SX Highlights
[caption id="attachment_72732" align="aligncenter" width="300"] 2020 85 SX[/caption]
- NEW graphics to match the full-sized SX range and give a READY
TO RACE appearance.
- NEW 19"/16" wheel combination for advancing racers.
- Reworked silencer with improved wool packing reduces weight by
- With an extremely compact engine mated to a precise 6-speed
transmission, the KTM 85 SX is an absolute knock-out, delivering
first-rate power and torque over the entire rev range.
- Cylinder is designed around an innovative power valve system
that is adjustable and increases torque and controllability.
- Crankshaft is light while offering precise inertia for peak
torque. Optimized balancing reduces vibrations.
- DS (Diaphragm Spring) clutch is more compact with better
performance than a conventional coil spring design.
- Crankcases are compact with a shaft arrangement that is as
close as possible to the center of gravity.
- The frame is a genuine high-tech product designed for maximum
performance and is made of hydro formed chromium molybdenum steel
tubes that have been specifically tailored for unrivaled handling
- WP XACT 43 mm front fork with a sophisticated air spring design
and separate damping provide easy adjustment to any track
condition, rider weight or skill level.
- WP XACT rear shock with PDS (Progressive Damping System)
technology provides excellent bump absorption and stability.
- Aluminum subframe is light and compact for better mass
- Cooling system features integrated crankcase cooling and two
radiators for high performance and uses specially designed shrouds
to protect the radiator in an impact.
- Sharp bodywork that is based on the full-sized SX models with
the same contact points and overall feel for perfect
- Airbox similar to the larger SX models allows for air filter
changes in seconds without tools.
- Black coated high-end Excel rims, lightweight, CNC machined
hubs and black spokes with lightweight aluminum nipples ensure the
highest stability at minimum weight on the KTM 85 SX.
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
Displacement: 84.9 cc
Bore / Stroke: 47 / 48.95 mm
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin PWK 28
Lubrication: Premix 40:1
Primary Ratio: 20:64
Final Drive: 13:46
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DS Clutch, Formula Hydraulics
Ignition: MEDJ digital
Frame: Central Tube Frame, Chrome Molybdenum
Handlebar: Tapered Aluminum Ã 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP XACT USD Fork, Ã 43 mm
Rear Suspension: WP XACT, PDS Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 278 mm / 11 in; 305 mm / 12 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 240 mm / 210 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 19" / 1.85 x 16" Excel - Black
Front/Rear Tires: 70/100-19" / 90/100-16" MAXXIS
Chain: 1/2 x 5/16 in
Steering Head Angle: 24Âº
Triple Clamp Offset: 14 mm
Wheelbase: 1,290 mm Â± 10 mm / 50.8 in Â± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 362 mm / 14.2 in
Seat Height: 890 mm / 35 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 5.2 L / 1.4 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 68 kg / 149.9 lbs