KTM Brings Back The 690 SMC R For 2019
(Press release) The KTM 690 SMC R raises the bar for street riders. The revised chassis and styling are boosted by the latest 690 LC4 engine and an updated electronics package that features cornering sensitive motorcycle traction control (MTC) with Sport and Street ride modes and the Quickshifter+ for smooth clutchless shifts, so whether you express your tarmac-sliding talent on mountain roads or on the track, you'll be drifting into the future with a maxed-out grin and your veins coursing with adrenaline. Handling is enhanced by the latest fully-adjustable WP APEX suspension, so all you have to worry about is focusing on the road ahead and twisting the throttle to the stoppers.
2019 KTM 690 SMC R HIGHLIGHTS
- NEW Dynamic LC4 single-cylinder engine with less vibration and
more power featuring electronic fuel injection, Ride-by-Wire
technology, a balancer shaft, PASC slipper clutch and 6-speed
- NEW styling for a more aggressive look and enhanced
- NEW chassis with low seat (890 mm / 35 in) for optimized rider
feel and control.
- Fully-adjustable WP APEX suspension with separate damping
circuits for aggressive and confident handling on the street or
- Cylinder head with dual ignition featuring individual timing
control for optimal combustion.
- Stainless steel exhaust with catalytic converter.
- Ultra-light chrome-molybdenum trellis frame.
- Self-supporting polymer rear fuel tank.
- High quality Brembo braking system.
- Technology-leading cornering ABS with Supermoto mode for hard
braking under all circumstances and the Quickshifter+ for smooth
- Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) with Sport and Street ride
modes can be switched directly from the handlebars for controlled
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, SOHC
Displacement: 690 cc
Bore/Stroke: 105 / 80 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 8.6Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 50 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication, Two Oil Pumps
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Hydraulically Operated
Ignition: Keihin EMS with Ride-By-Wire, Dual Ignition
Frame: Chrome-moly Steel Trellis
Subframe: Self-supporting Plastic Tank
Handlebar: Aluminum, Tapered, Ã 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP USD Ã 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock with Pro-Lever Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 215 mm / 8.5 in; 240 mm / 9.4 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm / 240 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: 3.50 x 17", 5.00 x 17"
Front/Rear Tires: 120/70 ZR 17"; 160/60 ZR 17"
Steering Head Angle: 26.4Âº
Wheelbase: 1,470 mm Â± 10 mm / 57.9 Â± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 238 mm / 9.4 in
Seat Height: 890 mm / 35 in
Tank Capacity: 13.5 L / 3.6 gal
Dry weight, Approx: 147 kg / 324 lbs