PURE ROAD RACING SPIRIT
The KTM RC 390 has the perfect ingredients to show the rear lights even to larger supersport bikes every now and then. Thanks to design refinements such as vertically stacked transmission shafts, the sophisticated DOHC single of the KTM RC 390 is extremely compact and weighs in at only 36 kg. A ride by wire system adds refinement, while the proven PASC™ slipper clutch minimizes rear wheel chatter when trail-braking sharply into corners or downshifting aggressively. In addition, there is a lightweight exhaust system with aluminum and steel silencer. The trellis frame, WP suspension components, the first-rate brake system with disengageable ABS and the powerful 320 mm front disc brake ensure precision, full control and maximum performance. Then there are practical features such as large mirrors and adjustable levers. In short: it is just the thing for well-versed sports riders with a penchant for understatement, but also for road racing rookies and returning riders with high octane fuel in their veins.
2018 KTM RC 390 HIGHLIGHTS
- An Extremely powerful single cylinder, four-stroke DOHC engine, Bosch electronic fuel injection, 3-way catalytic converter puts out 44 hp.
- Ultra-light trellis frame, extremely light-weight die-cast aluminum swing arm is directly linked to a WP Monoshock for extreme torsional stiffness for outstanding stability.
- High-quality 43 mm USD front forks from WP Suspension for complete control.
- Powerful braking system developed in cooperation with Brembo with a new 320 mm front brake disc and dis-engageable ABS.
- New adjustable levers allow for proper reach for a variety of hand sizes.
- Comprehensive multi-functional dashboard communicates the essential information to the rider with a built-in shift light.
- Especially grippy Metzeler Sportec M5 interact tires in sport dimensions (110/70ZR17 front, 150/60ZR17 rear) offer sporty performance.
- Integrated passenger seat give the RC 390 a sharp look while accommodating a passenger.
- The colors and graphics enhance the unique supersport looks that can only come from KTM.
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, DOHC
Displacement: 373.2 cc
Bore/Stroke: 89/60 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 8Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Bosch EFI, 46 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Semi Dry Sump
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Mechanically Operated
Ignition: Bosch EMS with Ride-By-Wire
Frame: Steel Trellis
Handlebar: Steel Clip-on Handlebars
Front Suspension: WP USD Ø 43 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 125 mm/4.9 in; 150 mm/5.9 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm/230 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: Cast Aluminum 3.00 x 17”, 4.00 x 17”
Front/Rear Tires: 110/70ZR17”; 150/60ZR17”
Steering Head Angle: 23.5º
Wheelbase: 1,340mm ± 15 mm / 52.8 ± 0.6 in
Ground Clearance: 178.5 mm / 7 in
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.9 in
Tank Capacity: 10 L / 2.6 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 147 kg/ 324.1 lbs