The KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE S is all set to raise the bar of what is possible for travel enduros on asphalt once again – and by a huge amount. At 160 hp (118 kW), with WP semi-active suspension and motorcycle stability control (MSC), it has everything needed to eclipse motorcycles of any description. KTM MY RIDE – now available with GPS navigation. All of that in a breathtaking KISKA design – and at the same time, as functional as usual down to the final detail, from the dashboard with 6.5 inch (16.5 cm) TFT color display to the mobile phone storage compartment with USB charger.
2018 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE S HIGHLIGHTS
- WP Semi-active suspension adapts the damping rates in real time according to Sport, Street, Comfort or Offroad settings for the optimal ride on any surface.
- Rear suspension preload is can be set with four settings – solo, solo with luggage, two-up and two-up with luggage.
- Cast aluminum wheel fitted with grippy Pirelli Scorpion Trail II tires for excellent on-road performance.
- Highly developed 160 HP LC8 V-Twin with dual-plug ignition, cutting-edge Keihin engine management, electronic fuel injection, Ride-by-Wire technology and slipper clutch.
- Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) package with multi-mode Combined ABS, ride mode technology and multi-mode traction control (MTC)
- Four-mode traction control (MTC) including Sport, Street, Offroad and Rain settings allow the rider to fine tune the power application in any situation.
- Offroad ABS mode allows for dirt-specific ABS application on the front wheel while disengaging the rear ABS for brake slides and total control in the dirt.
- Strong trellis frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel for optimal handling on the street and in the dirt.
- LED headlight with integrated corning lights and daytime running light.
- 5-inch TFT dash contains the all the important information clearly with a bright and vibrant display.
- Optional Travel Pack adds Hill Hold Control (HHR), Motor Slip Regulation (MSR) and Quickshifter + (up and down clutchless shifting)
- KTM MY RIDE comes as standard and connects the TFT dash via Bluetooth for control and display of incoming calls and audio.
- NEW Turn-by-turn navigation on the TFT dash with distance to next turn, street names, arrival time and distance to destination. Requires KTM MY RIDE smartphone app.
- Waterproof phone compartment keeps your smartphone dry on the road while charging via an integrated USB socket.
- RACE ON Remote keyless system allows the rider to key start the 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE S, lock the steering, and open the gas cap.
- Restyled front end gives the 1290 ADVENTURE S a more aggressive look.
- Windshield adjustment is all new and easy to use with one hand.
- Auto-reset turn signals.
- Integrated pannier mounts
Engine Type: 2-Cylinder, 4-Stroke, 75° V-Twin, DOHC
Displacement: 1301 cc
Bore/Stroke: 108/71 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 11.2Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 52 mm Throttle Bodies
Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication, 3 Eaton Pumps
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Hydraulically Operated
Ignition: Keihin EMS with Ride-By-Wire, Dual Ignition
Frame: Chrome-moly Steel Trellis
Subframe: Aluminum, Powder Coated
Handlebar: Aluminum, Tapered, Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP Semi-Active USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Semi-Active Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 200 mm/7.9 in; 200 mm/7.9 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm/287 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: 3.50 x 19”, 5.00 x 17”
Front/Rear Tires: 120/70 ZR 19”; 170/60 ZR 17” Pirelli Scorpion Trail II
Steering Head Angle: 26º
Wheelbase: 1,560mm ± 15 mm / 61.4 ± 0.6 in
Ground Clearance: 220 mm / 8.7 in
Seat Height: 860 & 875 mm / 33.9 & 34.4 in
Tank Capacity: 23 L / 6.1 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 222 kg / 489.4 lbs