KTM Brings Traction Control To 2017 450 SX-F
Hot off of back-to-back 450 class Supercross wins
with Ryan Dungey, KTM recently released
details on its 2017 450SX model. Much of the specs and technology
carry over from last year's model but there is some exciting new
features like traction control and the inclusion of the WP AER 48
Air spring fork that was first introduced on the 2016
Factory Edition models.
KTM's new push-button traction control is mounted on the left side handlebar and will allow riders to choose traction control and map settings based on riding conditions. The traction control system in addition to KTM's launch control and push-button start will help give riders a strategic electronic advantage over the competition.
The dual function of the WP AER 48 air spring fork
setup has been praised for its functionality and simplicity of
adjusting the suspension to your liking. By separating the damping
into right fork leg with compression and rebound adjustments
incorporated into the top and bottom of the leg and then utilizing
a air spring in the left fork leg with one only one valve to deal
with riders can quickly and easily fine tune the front suspension.
In addition to its tuneabilty the new fork setup also helps shave a
tad more than three pounds over the precious 4CS assembly.
Here are all the highlights and new features of the 2017 450 SX:
2017 450 SX-F Highlights
NEW WP AER 48 front fork with a sophisticated air
spring design and separate damping for easy adjustment to any track
condition, rider weight or skill level. The fork is now 3.1 pounds
lighter than the 4CS unit it replaces.
- NEW rear suspension settings and softer rear spring are
perfectly matched to the WP AER 48 front fork.
- NEW Handlebar map switch that also activates TRACTION CONTROL
and Launch Control for enhanced traction for the start, middle and
end of the race.
- NEW top triple clamp supports the new flex characteristic of
the WP AER 48 fork for better action and reduced friction.
- NEW Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and
bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness.
- NEW 10mm longer rear brake pedal and less aggressive brake pads
provide better modulation and control.
- NEW Aluminum head stays are 60 grams lighter than the steel
- A lightweight Chromoly steel frame provides high torsional
rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness resulting in excellent
handling and energy absorption.
- KTM's "No Dirt" footpeg design keeps the pegs pivot from
becoming clogged, ensuring the footpeg is always in the correct
- Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs,
high-end Excel rims and Dunlop GEOMAX MX3S tires.
- Airbox and filter design provides maximum performance with fast
"no tools" air filter changes.
- "No Dirt" shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever
joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
Chaparral Motorsports is an authorized KTM dealer.