Bell Helmets Pro Star Full Face Helmet
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
The lightest, most advanced race helmet on the market, the Pro Star full face helmet is packed with cutting edge technology to earn the top spot on the podium
- Motorcycle helmet constructed with TeXtreme's patented carbon fiber formula
- This ultralight and incredibly strong carbon fiber technology is currently used in today's most advanced Formula 1 cars, racing boats and now, in the 2016 Pro Star helmet
- It's 20 percent lighter than conventional carbon fiber and reduces weight without sacrificing strength or stiffness
- This carbon fiber technology allows Bell to provide the lightest and strongest shells they've ever produced
- Using TeXtreme ultra thin carbon fiber weave, Bell has engineered one of their lightest and strongest shells ever
- Straighter fibers with reduced crimp optimize and strengthen the composite
- The Spread tow structure makes it possible to achieve thinner laminates
- Lower crimp reduces the amount of excess plastic, thereby minimizing weight
- Bell's patented Flex impact liner offers best in class energy management
- The Flex impact liner was designed to manage energy from three potential impact scenarios of low, medium and high speed
- The Flex liner uses three unique materials at different densities to manage low, medium, and high energy impacts
- The EPO (Expanded Polyolefin) layer is soft and flexible low density Polymer for low speed impacts
- The EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) and EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) layers are for medium to high speed impacts
- Bell's progressive impact liner works incredibly well to manage impacts across the spectrum of crash types
- The CoolJade power mesh liner from Virus was designed to withstand the rigors of hard use in extreme conditions while allowing athletes to stay cool, keep comfortable and beat the funk
- Magnefusion magnetic cheekpads allow for easy removal of the pads for washing
- The magnetic cheekpads also enable emergency responders to easily remove the cheekpads first before removing the helmet following an impact
- The Panovision viewport's dropped corners offers more vertical and lateral visibility
- The Raceview profile used on the Pro Star uses an orientation specifically optimized for a tucked, more compact position
- This allows the rider to see better in a tight or tucked position and make safer lane changes and head checks
- Bell field tested and developed this helmet by working with professional riders on the track to best understand the challenge and to generate quick solutions
- Optimized aerodynamics with Bell's state of the art wind tunnel fine tuned Star helmets aerodynamics with advanced riding simulatons
- The Pro Star full face helmet offers up to 6 EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liners and 5 shell sizes depending on helmet size, allowing for a more proportional fit and improved performance, especially at high speeds
- Meets or exceeds Snell M2015, DOT certifications
- Matte Black
Note: Comes standard with a clear faceshield. Optional tinted faceshield shown.
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:Matte Black XS||Item #650-7069566||Availability:Available: Ships in 3-5 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|Details:Matte Black S||Item #650-7069567||Availability:Available: Ships in 3-5 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|Details:Matte Black M||Item #650-7069568||Availability:Backorder: Ships in 7-12 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|Details:Matte Black L||Item #650-7069569||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Matte Black XL||Item #650-7069570||Availability:Backorder: Ships in 7-12 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|Details:Matte Black XXL||Item #650-7069571||Availability:Available: Ships in 3-5 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
Bell Star, Race Star, and Pro Star Helmets
|Head (in)||20 7/8 - 21 1/4||21 5/8 - 22||22 1/2 - 22 7/8||23 1/4 - 23 5/8||24 - 24 3/8||24 3/4 - 25 1/8|
|Head (cm)||53 - 54||55 - 56||57 - 58||59 - 60||61 - 62||63 - 64|
|Hat Size||6 5/8 - 6 3/4||6 7/8 - 7||7 1/8 - 7 1/4||7 3/8 - 7 1/2||7 5/8 - 7 3/4||7 7/8 - 8|
|Helmet Shell, EPS, and Cheek Pad Sizing|
|Cheek Pad Thickness (mm)||35||35||35||35||40||35|
|Cheek Pad Size Range||Cheek pads are interchangeable across all size ranges|
General Sizing InformationIf you are unsure about your size, compare your body measurements to the charts provided to determine the correct fit. These charts will give you a good idea of the size to order, but be sure to read special sizing information that may accompany an item description. Some merchandise dimensions may vary from the averages charted here.
Head CircumferenceMeasure around head one inch above eyebrows and across the largest portion on the back of the head and use the above cross reference chart.
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!