Arai XD-4 Mesh Dual Sport Helmet
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
Offering three distinct configurations, allowing the user to choose which works best for them, the XD4 is similar in appearance but greatly improved in all around performance, as compared to the XD3. Proper fit, comfort and stability cannot be defined by one aspect of a helmet's interior.
- The CLC (Complex Laminate Construction) shell utilizes Arai's proprietary aerospace fiberglass technology to achieve a strong, flexible shell in a very lightweight package
- Fiberglass based construction spreads impact energy over the widest area through strength, structural integrity and impact flexibility
- The XD4 helmet shape provides better aerodynamic stability at higher street speeds
- Works in concert with the high flow peak and side cowl vents
- Arai's Twin-Cam Shield Pivot System enables the shield to operate fully beneath the mounted peak
- The shield stays low when it's raised, allowing the peak to be mounted lower - resulting in better aerodynamics and a better appearance
- The peak offers better stability and airflow, and is tested to perform up to street legal speeds
- The shield system is designed for the shield to be used in combination with the peak, alone without the peak, or with the peak and no shield
- FCS (Facial Contour Support) cheek pad design adds just the right amount of pressure when needed while being worn
- Arai's innovative Dry-Cool lining material utilizes micro water cells to improve moisture and heat transfer from your head into the airflow around Arai's exclusive Space Frame Liner
- Includes 5mm peel away temple pads for another level of customization, providing a little extra width when needed
- Enhanced rider benefits with micro-fitting interior
- Arai's multi density EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner is like no other
- Comprised of up to five different densities and molded into a single piece
- The direct fused contact area that each EPS cell shares with its neighboring cells creates a mutual support - as one is crushed under impact, the surrounding cells assist with the energy absorption
- Emergency Cheek Pad Removal System is developed to allow easier access to an injured rider
- Cheek pads slide out easily via the integrated pull tabs built into the underside of the cheek pads and makes helmet removal much easier for trained medial technicians
- The chin vent design offers more intake ports and larger sculted side cowl vents improves ventilation at higher speeds
- Brow vents gives the helmet extra ventilation
- Exhaust ports added to the top diffuser vents double the airflow while using four 10mm vent holes
- Along with larger sculpted side cowl vents, these features improve ventilation efficiency as well as helmet stability at higher speeds
- Meets or exceeds Snell and DOT standards
Note: The peak supplied with the XD4 is not suitable for high speed use. At such speeds air catching a side or main surface may cause difficulty in returning the head to a forward and/or level position.
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:Black/Red S||Item #381-807381||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Black/Red XXL||Item #381-807385||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Black/Blue S||Item #381-807391||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Black/Blue XXL||Item #381-807395||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
|Details:Black/Yellow/White XS||Item #381-807400||Availability:Backorder: Ships in 7-12 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|Details:Black/Yellow/White XXL||Item #381-807405||Availability:Backorder: Ships in 7-12 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
|Details:Black/Sand L||Item #381-807413||Availability:Backorder: Ships in 7-12 days||Store Pickup:Unavailable|
General Sizing informationIf you are unsure about your size, compare your body measurements to the charts provided to determine the correct fit. These charts will give you a good idea of the size to order, but be sure to read special sizing information that may accompany an item description. Some merchandise dimensions may vary from the averages charted here.
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!