Arai Defiant Base Full Face Helmet
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality? Ask it here.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
A benchmark in comfort, quiet, stability, and ventilation in a street helmet. The helmet you'd build if you wanted to treat yourself to a dream. Every feature optimized for the conditions, speeds, and environment of the real world. A helmet for other top of the line models to envy.
Hand Formed Natural Shell Shape:
- The foundation of every Arai helmet is a basic and simple organic shell shape
- The smooth uninterrupted spherical shape transfers stress loads more evenly across its entire surface
- The Defiant has an evolved version of Arai's very popular Intermediate-Oval (IO) interior shape
- Arai's exceptional handmade craftsmanship, made to a higher standard of protection comfort, and quality
IR Front Spoiler Edge:
- The IR front spoiler edge trim creates a stabilizing down force
- Reduces buffeting, lifting and wind noise that can be generated by the turbulence trapped between your shoulders and the bottom of the helmet
- Ventilation and aerodynamics are designed to work together to flow more air while reducing drag
- The IC-4 upper front intake vents have a slide gate closure that seals completely when closed, allowing for a cleaner airflow while closed
- ACR-4 flow through exhaust vent also allows airflow to pass over and through the vent, accelerating exhaust flow from helmet interior when open, and reducing drag when closed
SAI MAX-Vision Brow Vent Shield:
- SAI eye port has 5mm more peripheral view at each side
- Vent shield combines with SAI eye port with a full eye port cavity to accent the Pin Lock 100% Max Vision lens
- Offers a larger anti-fog field of view
- Clear Pin Lock 100% Max-Vision Brow vent anti-fog lens included with helmet
Aerodynamic Exhaust Vent Cowling:
- More aerodynamic upper and side exhaust vent cowling
- Sculpted to enhance stability while increasing exhaust efficiency
- The side vent cowls are tailored to the needs and speeds of the street
- Compared to the C-V, the RX-Q's, cowlings are larger and more aggressively styled, as lower street speeds require more surface area and a more refined shaping in order to deliver the increased stability
- High speed performance is also excellent
IR Chin Vent:
- Offers more than simply an aggressive look, it also provides multiple functions with tangible benefits for the rider
- Position 1 allows air to flow through the top port and up the inner surface of the shield for de-fogging
- Position 2 allows air to flow through the bottom four ports to the mouth
- The design also allows for easy vent replacement
Brow Vent Channeling:
- The face shield Brow Vents, like those of the Corsair-V, redirect incoming air to the temples instead of the forehead and around the ear area
- Stale air is extracted out the side exhaust cowls
- Airflow over the temple artery reportedly also helps cool the blood flow to the brain area
- This simple re-purposing of two existing vent features greatly improves helmet performance and rider comfort
Micro-Fittable Removable Interior:
- Fully removable/replaceable/washable interior comfort head liner, cheek pads, chin strap covers, and neck roll pad
- Cheek pads have a 5mm peal away layer to assist with facial fit and comfort
- The head comes standard with 5mm peel away temple pads to add another level of customization, giving the helmet interior extra width when needed
FCS (Facial Contour Support) Cheek Pads:
- The contoured shape, combined with multiple layers of varying foam densities, supported by a patented spring, cradles the face like nothing that has ever come before
- The FCS cheek pads arc gently, simultaneously holding the cheek and jawbone firmly for a secure fit for incredible all day comfort without pressure
- A bonus feature for the FCS cheek pad is the effect is has on lowering interior noise levels
Removable Neck Roll:
- The IR Neck Roll pad has an improved shape to flow more air to the bottom of the helmet at lower speeds and improves rider comfort
- The shape also makes it easier to put on and take off with less contact and pressure on the ears
- Water repellant material along the bottom edge improves comfort for a dryer ride in wet conditions
DOT and Snell 2010 approved
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:White Frost/Black S||Item #381-8831||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
Arai Defiant and Defiant Pro-Cruise Helmets
|Head Circumference (cm)||52||53-54||55-56||57-58||59-60||61-62||63-64||65-66|
|Interior Thickness (Standard)||10mm||7mm||7mm||10mm||7mm||7mm||7mm||5mm|
|Interior Thickness (Optional)||12mm, 7mm||10mm||10mm, 5mm||12mm, 7mm, 5mm||12mm, 10mm, 5mm||10mm, 5mm||10mm, 5mm||10mm, 7mm|
|Cheekpad Thickness (Optional, Thicker)||35mm||30mm||30mm||30mm||25mm||25mm||25mm||20mm|
|Cheekpad Thickness (Standard)||30mm||25mm||25mm||25mm||20mm||20mm||20mm||15mm|
|Cheekpad Thickness (Optional, Thinner)||25mm||20mm||20mm||20mm||15mm||15mm||15mm||12mm|
General Sizing InformationIf you are unsure about your size, compare your body measurements to the charts provided to determine the correct fit. These charts will give you a good idea of the size to order, but be sure to read special sizing information that may accompany an item description. Some merchandise dimensions may vary from the averages charted here.
Head CircumferenceHead circumference measurements should be a starting point only in determining your helmet size. Determining the best possible fit should be from actual test fittings of Arai's various interior fit packages, with optional interior lining and cheek pad thicknesses to find the best fit.
Interior Liners and Cheek PadsOptional interior liners and cheek pads of different thicknesses allow you to custom fit your Arai helmet. When ordering a liner of a different thickness, start with the Lining Code that matches your helmet size, then specify the desired thickness. For example, an optional 5 mm liner for a large helmet would be specified as a "III - 5 mm" liner.
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!