AFX FX-43 Open Face Helmet
Q & A
Have a product related question about fit, features, or functionality?.
If you have a question about availability or need immediate assistance, call 1-800-841-2960.
- An aerodynamic shell design constructed using an advanced lightweight composite Poly alloy
- A helmet liner and cheek pads made with a hypoallergenic and antimicrobial nylon, all of which are removable and washable
- A flush fit, side coverless face shield that is optically correct, compound curved, scratch resistant and protects against UV rays
- 4 points of ventilation with forehead, back and rear vents
- Square type D ring with chin strap holder
- Provides ample ear cavity space for speakers
- A clear coat finish to protect paint and graphics
- Several tinted shields available for this model
- Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Meets or exceeds both ECE 22.05 and DOT FMVSS-218 certifications
|Details||Item Number||Availability||Store Pickup|
|Details:Black S||Item #373-0104-0521||Availability:In stock: Ready to ship||Store Pickup:Available|
AFX Adult Helmets
|cm||54 - 55||56 - 57||58 - 59||60 - 61||62 - 63||64 - 65||66 - 67||68 - 69|
|Hat Size||6¾ - 67/8||7 - 71/8||7¼ - 73/8||7½ - 75/8||7¾ - 77/8||8 - 81/8||8¼ - 83/8||8½ - 85/8|
|Inches||21¼ - 215/8||22 - 227/16||2213/16" - 23¼||235/8 - 24||243/8 - 2413/16||253/16 - 255/8||26 - 263/8||26¾ - 271/8|
General Sizing informationIf you are unsure about your size, compare your body measurements to the charts provided to determine the correct fit. These charts will give you a good idea of the size to order, but be sure to read special sizing information that may accompany an item description. Some merchandise dimensions may vary from the averages charted here.
Measure Your HeadDetermine the circumference of the widest part of your head by using a flexible tape measure. Generally, the widest part of a person's head is the area 2.5cm (1") above the eyes and ears. However, we suggest measuring at a few points both above and below that line to determine the greatest measurement before referring to our size tables. We also suggest testing the fit of a helmet one size smaller and one size larger then what the chart recommends. No helmet can provide protection if it's too uncomfortable to wear.
Try Wearing the Helmet
Helmets must fit snugly, but not painfully tight. While holding the chinstraps outside of the helmet, pull it down over your head, taking care that the chinstraps do not go up inside the helmet. A proper-fitting helmet will feel snug with fairly even pressure around the sides and top of your head. On most modern helmets the liner is designed to be a little extra snug at first, but will break-in after several hours of riding to match the particular shape of your head.
If you are not familiar with how a helmet should fit and feel, be sure to ask for assistance from a salesperson or a more experienced rider. As a rule, the helmet should not be able to move around on your head without pulling on your skin. A loose fitting helmet is not only dangerous, but may also be noisy and tiring to wear. Most people make the mistake of buying a helmet that's too large.
Own this item? Share your opinion with other motorsports enthusiasts.
Be the first person to and receive 10 rewards points!